Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from west Texas USA! My wife and I just purchased a used 2016 Metris Passenger Van and so far we like it a lot. This seems to be a perfect size, not too big and not too small. Just now learning about all it's features, and not driving it, probably till we get the title and license tags. We are new to Mercedes also, never owned one before.
We need a second key! The used car dealer we bought it from only had one. The van was previously a rental vehicle somewhere. Hope we can easily get another key. Our closest dealer will be in Midland TX, more than 100 miles away.

Jeff and Roberta R.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Keys will not be cheap. How many miles are on it?

Its really a nice van. Let us know of any troubles that may come your way.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It has 36,000 miles. I found a Benz Dealer in Fl on the Internet that sells the key for $175 plus shipping. I guess then it will need to be programmed at the nearest MB dealer, right? I live more than 100 miles from the nearest MB dealer here in Texas.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I also bought a used rental Metris with 36K on it from a local dealer. They claimed only one key after I had signed the papers. I procrastinated on buying another key and 3 weeks later the other key showed up in the mail. Sometimes it pays to drag your feet.

·
Registered
111 Posts
congrats on the new metris. I also bought a used 2016 metris. It was a dealers loaner or / and show case van and came with too many keys , they gave me a set of 4 .at least I got a leather key chain and a pen in a Merc branded box out of it :grin

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
You can never have too many keys. They cost a bloody fortune to buy and program, so if you have four, you can lose or break 3 of them. I got four; I keep one in my safe deposit box, one each on my and my wife’s key chain, and gave one to my parents.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts