Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dan in Atlanta. I bought a 2016 Mercedes Metris passenger van two weeks ago. I stumbled across the Metris in a youtube video as a camper conversion. We went to the local Mercedes dealer to check them out. My son and I liked it. My wife was on the fence but said "hey it's your vehicle". I found a used Metris and pulled the second row three seat bench. I added commercial door mat to cover the metal seating tracks. I now have a great vehicle for the family (including a Great Dane), camping and just hanging out. I would love to add the swivel bases to the front seats at some point.
For car camping with my son, I have a roof tent that I will try on it soon. I'll have sleeping upstairs and a living room down.
The van has just over 9,000 miles on it. Flint Grey Metallic with black leatherette interior. Packages included are: Driver efficiency, driver and passenger sliding door, eco start/stop, interior appearance, premium appearance and active safety plus w/active parking assist.

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 Passenger
434 Posts
Funny, I had a long conversation with the dealer in Alpharetta about starting up a shop for upfitting Metris vans.... since there was nothing around.

Are you capable with a wrench? It's not hard to mount the swivels if you decide to try it.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Hi RobbMeeX. Since you are in Atlanta, do you know any place local who would install the swivel bases on the front seats? Thanks.
No. Our dealership could, but would prolly charge like crazy for them. I'm sure there's conversion places around or even DIY.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I purchased the Scopema bases from Travois on eBay. They should show up in the next couple of weeks. I'll do the work myself. It seems pretty straightforward. I'm glad I saw the info on disconnecting the battery though. I'll post the finished product.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts