Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Mercedes Metris Cargo 135” WB, Steel Blue
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I just recently purchased a 2021 Metris Cargo 135” for my detailing company. I am doing some research now on getting the inside fitted out with a water tank, generator, hose reels, storage solutions etc. Has anyone else built out a metris for auto detailing?

Thanks!

Wheel Car Flower Tire Plant

·
Registered
995 Posts
Good Choice! My 2018 135 Cargo Navy Blue -- 3 years ago and last summer in Montana.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant

Car Land vehicle Wheel Tire Vehicle

·
Registered
Metris Cargo 135 2020
647 Posts
Good choice on the long wheel base. Wrap around barn doors, based on the black pucks.
Be careful not to bang the R slider and barn door into each other. We're a few inches short on clearance for that.

My van is not up-fitted as I am more of a prosumer; but will be curious to see how you fit yours out.

I could envision a side and rear awning, cargo slide out drawers for generator and pressure washer, custom racking across the rear to hang reels up high, ...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I won’t be much help as I just picked up my steel blue 126 (after an 8 month wait) but I’ll be curious to see how you outfit it. Working on outfitting mine for my cabinetmaking business.

Good luck!

Hello! I just recently purchased a 2021 Metris Cargo 135” for my detailing company. I am doing some research now on getting the inside fitted out with a water tank, generator, hose reels, storage solutions etc. Has anyone else built out a metris for auto detailing?

Thanks!

·
Registered
995 Posts
I won’t be much help as I just picked up my steel blue 126 (after an 8 month wait) but I’ll be curious to see how you outfit it. Working on outfitting mine for my cabinetmaking business.

Good luck!
I waited 11 months for mine! Worth it though -- :)

Reactions: patch.kit

·
Registered
Metris Cargo 135 2020
647 Posts

Good luck!
Welcome to the forum.

I long pondered on some racking or flexible space, and the flexible space won out. I think it will really depend if your needs include part time transporting of finished cabinets or shelving units in the van and / or sheet goods; what your options will be. We pretty much have 48x48x96 to work with. Shelving on both sides is an option, and sheet goods can still stand up vertically in a center galley or space along one side.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yea I opted for a wall along the left that is square to the floor and has strapping spots all around it, so cabinets can be strapped to the wall easily. But, it’s flush with the wheel well, so it doesn’t take away any floor space width for loading plywood. I’ll take some pictures and post a new thread this week, so we can stop hijacking btizz17’s post!

·
Registered
Metris Cargo 135 2020
647 Posts
I look forward to seeing your handy work @patch.kit

I was able to make some wheel well boxes with sound insulation and plywood skin, to protect the wheel wells, when there is nothing else around, get some utility, storage and still keep the 48"+ width opening in the center; but it takes a bit more finesse to load sheets straight on. Flat loading sheet goods on flat carts at the big box store helps :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts