Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passenger
2,203 Posts
Sorry that you have a very atypical experience. But please qualify your facts next time. Like, "when I get my salvage titles they don't check anything" then please get us names and locations so we can address it with the state authority. It's illegal and unethical not to execute that role according to law.

·
Super Moderator
Metris Cargo 135 2020
1,046 Posts
When rebuilding is possible, by all means, rebuild and have the benefit of a good vehicle. I'm for it.

But to state that several states do not even inspect salvage vehicles - only have to drop some cash in somebody's pocket ?? - and they re-issue an ordinary title as if the vehicle was new or used. I can't believe my ears.

·
Registered
7 Posts
When rebuilding is possible, by all means, rebuild and have the benefit of a good vehicle. I'm for it.

But to state that several states do not even inspect salvage vehicles - only have to drop some cash in somebody's pocket ?? - and they re-issue an ordinary title as if the vehicle was new or used. I can't believe my ears.
They issue a re-built title not ordinary. But the standard isn’t high especially when you have someone at the station. I’m sure you have seen repair with factory technology and repair by Billy Bob Body Shop behind his mother’s garage. If you know the right people you can get a rebuilt title for Billy Bob’s car as well.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts