Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally I installed the new LED HEADLIGHTS Maybach style on my Metris 2017 cargo van. We had to take the bumper out in order to replace the original headlights. I am very happy
Headlamp Mid-size car Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

·
Registered
870 Posts
Plug and play?

·
Registered
587 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Passenger
1,339 Posts
I think I saw when you posted before. I think they are "neat", but would like to see them in action. They are clearly designed to look like eyes so I'd worry they might look goofy instead of cool.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I think I saw when you posted before. I think they are "neat", but would like to see them in action. They are clearly designed to look like eyes so I'd worry they might look goofy instead of cool.
Did you see the video on the seller page? Show the startup sequence and turn signal. I agree they look like 'eyes' lit up, but at least its more of a hawk or eagle eye 'fierce' vs 'cute' eyes like Mini Cooper or VW Beetle. I'm definitely changing out my oem halogen on my cargo van. It'll probably be down to these or the OP 'maybach' style. I think the latter fits passenger van 'luxury' well...and maybe these 'hawkeyes-style' on a more 'street' or 'rugged' cargo van with aftermarket wheels and such. Good to hear what others think of these...I'm torn lol.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Also one head light bulb is currently burned out so I can apply that $100+ for a new set of
halogen bulbs to the cost of one of these aftermarket headlight assemblies. :)

·
Registered
2019 Passenger
1,339 Posts
Did you see the video on the seller page?

Yes, but I want to see a video of them on a real van from the front. I'm leaning toward they look goofy. I'd like them if they didn't have the eye LED's.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I agree, this mock-up image doesn't help. By the way, looks like the redesigned 2020 C-Class is getting its own 'eye & brow' look also.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Anyone up for a Crowd Buy for the head light assembly the OP installed? Fast shipping from China 5-10 days.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I got mine yesterday. Left and Right came in the same box. No damage. Just need to plan a day to do the install..dreading pulling the bumper myself.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Did you get the eyeball ones?
No, I just couldn't take the chance of all the time and work involved in 'testing' them out to see if I'd like them. Even with worry -free return shipping to a USA facility...the wait times are too high. I already have a halogen bulb out and didn't want to put more money toward bulb replacement costs.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts