Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
If he paid for ILS LEDs without the control module he wasted money. I’m not a fan of aftermarket light systems; they are generally a menace to traffic safety.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thats a crazy amount of money for Chinese headlights. Did you make them a "offer"? And are they really that good?
The price was 2000.00 six months ago then last month they dropped it to 1750.00. I offered 1300.00 he didn’t accept it. Then I offered 1400.00 and he accepted. I ordered Sunday night it was Monday morning in China . The seller shipped same day and got it same week in Thursday. Friday took it to my friend Bodyshop he took the front bumper out and replaced the headlights. No error messages plug and play . I am very happy with the results.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Quality can vary widely from China too, just depends who's having the part made and what the specs are for it in production. I recently had to install some engine mounts on my dad's 500SL that the only option was $350+ apiece from dealer(if they could even get any), or $60 apiece online from China. Surprisingly the Chinese mounts were actually of quite good quality and worked fine, especially at that price point.

·
Registered
14 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
There are now integrated LED's available for the metris, I installed them in my van, and they're awesome. Nice bright white light and focused beam.

Highly recommended!

·
Registered
209 Posts
There are now integrated LED's available for the metris, I installed them in my van, and they're awesome. Nice bright white light and focused beam.

Highly recommended!

View attachment 18000
I don's see Metris listed under their Vehicle selection of Mercedes Benz. Please advise how you ordered? Thanks

·
Registered
69 Posts
Any LED put into a housing meant for a halogen H7 bulb is not going to work well. It is impossible for a headlight designed to reflect a filament is going to work with an LED.
Picture is worth a 1000 words. This is an H4 but the idea is the same.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I linked right to the LED they made that works in the Metris: The LEDs are in the exact same location as the small halogen filament would be normally, so the light dispersion is essentially perfect. Its about as close as you can get other than actual LED-integrated headlamp assemblies.

·
Registered
69 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
VW has the same light clip-assemblies on several of their vehicles, thats why they are spec'd the same.

·
Registered
69 Posts
When your 8500 rpm cooling fans give up in 3 months
Well I have these in my Metris and GLK now, and the lighting on the road is excellent, WAY better than the Halogens were. Feel free to keep using your Halogen bulbs. :)
I will never enjoy my halogen headlights. I know there are better options available elsewhere. The issue is I will not install illegal and glare causing LED inserts in the hope that I will be able to see better. I am not selfish enough to think that I know better than the experts and that LED bulbs can possibly work in a halogen headlight housing. I do like how Bossla tries to tout that their crap bigger filament and four color bulbs are better. Cannot wait until their **** fan on their H7 kit stops, and causes a meltdown of headlights and or wiring.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Well I have these in my Metris and GLK now, and the lighting on the road is excellent, WAY better than the Halogens were. Feel free to keep using your Halogen bulbs. :)
I would like to install these lights. can you please note from who I can get them?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I would like to install these lights. can you please note from who I can get them?
Ebay

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ebay
Thank you. I struggle with my night vision and a brighter headlamp would really be helpful, plus they look cool!
Now I am going to have to order some nice rims to replace the steel utility rims...

·
Registered
401 Posts
When your 8500 rpm cooling fans give up in 3 months

I will never enjoy my halogen headlights. I know there are better options available elsewhere. The issue is I will not install illegal and glare causing LED inserts in the hope that I will be able to see better. I am not selfish enough to think that I know better than the experts and that LED bulbs can possibly work in a halogen headlight housing. I do like how Bossla tries to tout that their crap bigger filament and four color bulbs are better. Cannot wait until their **** fan on their H7 kit stops, and causes a meltdown of headlights and or wiring.
Wow, 8500 rpm? from closely inspecting the fans during operation I'd say they're running maybe 2,500rpm tops, they are almost silent. Ever heard an 8,500rpm computer fan? Those can partially remove a finger. These are about 20-30mm size fans and are just for extra cooling. The entire LED assembly of the Boslla lamps is solid cnc'd aluminum. They are heavy! Plenty of heat dissipation going on.

FYI the lights in my GLK are over year old and still working perfectly fine, including the fans.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Wow, 8500 rpm? from closely inspecting the fans during operation I'd say they're running maybe 2,500rpm tops, they are almost silent. Ever heard an 8,500rpm computer fan? Those can partially remove a finger. These are about 20-30mm size fans and are just for extra cooling. The entire LED assembly of the Boslla lamps is solid cnc'd aluminum. They are heavy! Plenty of heat dissipation going on.

FYI the lights in my GLK are over year old and still working perfectly fine, including the fans.
Maybe you need to do some research. Im not the one saying they spin at 8500 rpm.
0A479D90-BD54-4593-B680-513ECE935F92.jpeg

21 - 40 of 47 Posts