Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally I installed the new LED HEADLIGHTS Maybach style on my Metris 2017 cargo van. We had to take the bumper out in order to replace the original headlights. I am very happy
3E20CB3C-EA29-4297-B84C-C5C10CAAE87D.jpeg

·
Registered
14 Posts
Very sexy! Where did you purchase, and how much? Might have to get a set for my 2018 cargo!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Try pricing out what the stock halogen modules cost, you might be surprised. 😮 Headlight assemblies ain't cheap.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
I suppose if a non-insurance covered replacing of headlamps is required, I’ll give vague consideration to the Liberacesque things. However my headlights still work, and they are long ago paid for.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thats a crazy amount of money for Chinese headlights. Did you make them a "offer"? And are they really that good?
I agree with you. I'm not throwing bad luck but after the 1 year warranty something goes wrong that's a big loss. I love the look but that is way too much money. Just my opinion. Enjoy your purchase. 👍

·
Registered
2018 Metris Passenger
254 Posts
I doubt I'd pay that much for headlights. However, I have paid a lot for some things other people would think exorbitant. In the end, it's not what you pay for something, it's how you feel about it. (like buying Mercedes).

·
Registered
47 Posts
In Australia the OEM Option is AUD $ 2799.50 (or USD $ 1921.35)....

(Plus 10% Tax)

I deliberated on this prior to ordering, but after three years experience with them, they are worth every cent. They're brilliant...literally !

·
Registered
276 Posts
I agree with you. I'm not throwing bad luck but after the 1 year warranty something goes wrong that's a big loss. I love the look but that is way too much money. Just my opinion. Enjoy your purchase. 👍
What warranty? They'll tell you to send the headlight back to china and then they'll say they never received it. :D

·
Registered
448 Posts
Hey, I'd factory order or buy the bestest, brightest headlights I could get. $2k is rich for me, and appears to have no cost-based justification. And as I am not a dedicated follower of fashion ($0.02 prize for the first to get the reference), the design eyebrows and flashy bits don't move me.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Thank you!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Pretty sure V-class LED modules can be found on Ebay Europe for similar pricing....those would be well work 2k. I updated my GLK to LED's and the difference is crazy. Easily twice the light on the road. The existing halogen modules on the Metris have a neat clip feature for easily changing the halogen bulbs, but this makes it near impossible to retrofit to H7 LED's...I'm still looking into this on mine before I go down the path of full factory LED assemblies.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Why so negative..some of yall? Let the man enjoy nice lights. I'm not sure they are Chinese...the box isn't destroyed and they have the plastic sheeting. Seems like everything I see out of china, the box is too small, it's destroyed and the items beat themselves to death.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts