Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally I installed the new LED HEADLIGHTS Maybach style on my Metris 2017 cargo van. We had to take the bumper out in order to replace the original headlights. I am very happy
3E20CB3C-EA29-4297-B84C-C5C10CAAE87D.jpeg

·
Registered
401 Posts
Try pricing out what the stock halogen modules cost, you might be surprised. 😮 Headlight assemblies ain't cheap.

Reactions: MOWO

·
Banned
2,743 Posts
I suppose if a non-insurance covered replacing of headlamps is required, I’ll give vague consideration to the Liberacesque things. However my headlights still work, and they are long ago paid for.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thats a crazy amount of money for Chinese headlights. Did you make them a "offer"? And are they really that good?
I agree with you. I'm not throwing bad luck but after the 1 year warranty something goes wrong that's a big loss. I love the look but that is way too much money. Just my opinion. Enjoy your purchase. 👍

·
Registered
2018 Metris Passenger
313 Posts
I doubt I'd pay that much for headlights. However, I have paid a lot for some things other people would think exorbitant. In the end, it's not what you pay for something, it's how you feel about it. (like buying Mercedes).

·
Registered
52 Posts
In Australia the OEM Option is AUD $ 2799.50 (or USD $ 1921.35)....

(Plus 10% Tax)

I deliberated on this prior to ordering, but after three years experience with them, they are worth every cent. They're brilliant...literally !

·
Registered
300 Posts
I agree with you. I'm not throwing bad luck but after the 1 year warranty something goes wrong that's a big loss. I love the look but that is way too much money. Just my opinion. Enjoy your purchase. 👍
What warranty? They'll tell you to send the headlight back to china and then they'll say they never received it. :D

·
Registered
799 Posts
Hey, I'd factory order or buy the bestest, brightest headlights I could get. $2k is rich for me, and appears to have no cost-based justification. And as I am not a dedicated follower of fashion ($0.02 prize for the first to get the reference), the design eyebrows and flashy bits don't move me.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Thank you!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Pretty sure V-class LED modules can be found on Ebay Europe for similar pricing....those would be well work 2k. I updated my GLK to LED's and the difference is crazy. Easily twice the light on the road. The existing halogen modules on the Metris have a neat clip feature for easily changing the halogen bulbs, but this makes it near impossible to retrofit to H7 LED's...I'm still looking into this on mine before I go down the path of full factory LED assemblies.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts