Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks. My father in law just purchased a 2017 metris base passenger with 18k miles for the family. She is in obsidian black and has leatherette seats for 7, painted bumpers, and 5 spoke alloys. She has stop/start and back up camera and used to ba a taxi in NY. I really need to find an 8th seat and studs for the middle seat or a whole new center row. I will be the primary driver and maintenance guy, so I intend on picking all of your brains over time... thanks in advance. My primary concern with the van at this time is an inoperable rear lock actuator, which I'm guessing should be covered by the residual of the warranty.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Yes, I would bring that to a MB Van dealer for repair, still well within all warranties.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well the door started locking again haha, but got a message about being 3100 miles past service A so she's gonna go in anyhow. I would like the extended warranty but it's not in the cards financially at this time.

·
Registered
147 Posts
+1 Greenmanedlion.
You should be able to get an ELW for less than your dealer. There are threads here that can give you some names of dealers who offer discounted ELW's.
B

·
Registered
939 Posts
18K with no oil change?? PM the vin and I'll see if its been done.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I guess I am brave, no extended warranty here. :D

Then again up till recently most of my vehicle fleet had anywhere from 170k to 330k miles on them (and still never broke down).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts