Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK, the deed is done.

Old floor out. Cut vinyl. Noico put down. Ecocork 1/8, R-0.5, underlayment down. Old Floor back in. Vinyl in. Temporary D-ring install (white spots on surface).

Reactions: brow

·
Banned
2,743 Posts
I might have missed it elsewhere but- I get the desire for noico insulation, but why replace the floor with another? Just wondering what your rational for that is.

·
Registered
2019 Passenger
1,453 Posts
I might have missed it elsewhere but- I get the desire for noico insulation, but why replace the floor with another? Just wondering what your rational for that is.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I shouldn't have said "new" floor. I didn't replace the factory floor -- it's a really nice piece. I just covered it with coin vinyl and underlaid it with Noico and "eco-cork." The vinyl and eco-cork came from Home Depot!

Reactions: Greenmanedlion

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ah, that makes sense.
As much as any of this makes sense -- BTW, I was very pleasantly surprised by the Home Depot flooring. I went with it because it comes in 10 foot widths. That way I only needed 6 linear feet to get a single piece for the van floor on my 135 wheelbase cargo, at a cost of about $130. Much less expensive than any van-specific flooring. It lays flat, has no discernible odor, and looks great. I originally wanted the coin flooring that has a rough surface for slip control, but I worried about it retaining dirt. I have not yet glued it down or figured out a good edge treatment at the passenger sliding door. The rear factory threshold fits over the 105 mil vinyl easily.

Reactions: RocketVan
1 - 7 of 7 Posts