Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

Just purchased our passenger Metris and we are very happy! We found a fully loaded 2016 demo van owned by the dealer and decided it was the right vehicle after considering crossover SUVs and minivans. We're not a large family that needs the extra seating, but we really enjoy using our old GMC conversion van and we wanted a van that would be better and safer to drive every day and also be future-proof for camping mods later. With the VW Transporter/Eurovan gone from NA for over ten years, the Metris was the obvious choice for a mid-sized van, even in commercial flavor.

So far, I've purchased a pair of snow chains and emergency strap-on chains from tirechains.com, and also a sunshade from heatshieldstore.com that fits perfectly without even flipping down the visors. I'm trying to locate Nokian WRC3 tires, but can't find 'em anywhere. I actually haven't driven it in the snow yet, but I assume the stock Hankook Nobles are not the greatest on snow and ice.

I may eventually install the Terranger.de 45 mm lift kit and skid plate for driving rough roads, but what I really want to do right away is get swivel seat bases for the front captains chairs, like the Marco-Polo has. Anyone have any experience with these?: reimo.com/en/59597-swivel_base_viano_2015_passenger_side/

Now I need to start tracking fuel consumption at the pump. The computer claimed 28 MPG over a 50 mile drive of combined 65 mph interstate and 40 mph city. Could that really be true?? I love this van!

Thanks!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Welcome to the group and congrats on your new Metris. I'm a lead foot and just took a trip from Charlotte NC up to Stuart VA and on to Charleston WV through the mountains and avg 20.x mpg there and 22.x coming back. So your 28 mpg for that short drive could be very 'true'.

Whats the exact link to the sunshade? I need a good one...hopefully it helps prevent window condensation also when working and sleeping in the rear.

Thanks.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Apparently I can't directly post links yet... Heatshieldstore.com is where I bought the sunshade. I have one for every car I own and they are a perfect custom fit. For the Metris, it is cut around the big electronics package above the rear view mirror. I think they also make them for the rear door windows and side cab windows.

Search online for promo codes. I found one for 10% off; I think "AUTOWEEK" is what it was a couple weeks ago.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
There is nothing wrong with the Hankooks in snow. Just make sure you replace them by 25k or so. They lose all grip in the wet as they get worn, and very suddenly. I have nightmares about going over a cliff and a $3000 repair bill from procuring this information.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts