Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new cargo Metris finally arrived here on the Big Island .. ordered in January.. Overall I'm very happy with the ride but have a few comments on some very retro details that seem to me about 5 years out of date.
1. There is no dial phone interface like almost all new cars have. Yes I can use Siri from my phone and it will then give me talk mode but that's really old fashioned
2. If you use your address book there is no way to quickly access certain letters. You can use the keypad but it's like from the 1990s where to get to addresses with the letter B you have to click #2 twice. Wow
3. I specifically asked if the safety package/cruise control had adaptive cruise before I ordered. NO Way.. I loved it because on my Rav4 it saved my life when it stopped the car short when someone cut me off while in cruise mode. I did order the safety and there is collision assist but who knows what that means. The cruise control is good one downhill maintaining speed which is a real plus
4. There are cutouts for step on the rear deck but things fall into that space so fall out when opening the door. We need an add on part that completes the platform
5. It has auto on headlights but no auto high beam. I mean Cadillac had this in the 50's
6. The whole media/radio interface need a real upgrade. Too many issues here to go into but suffice it's brain dead.
7. Seat adjustments on high end seat just plain (add 4 letter word)

On the very plus it rides like no van I've driven. Very nice
As to the partition that was required because I ordered both side sliding doors with glass, I'm confused. My desire is to remove the partition both to gain access and to allow cooling as this option would not allow for the ducting to the back. I deliver orchids that I'd like to keep cool. I was told that you cannot completely remove the partition because the side airbags will not deploy properly. Yet I see offers to sell the partition on this forum so what do people do? I'm open to suggestions

·
Registered
397 Posts
Options like adaptive cruise and a fancier headunit etc would drive the price up significantly, those are part of a roughly 8k package/upgrade on other MB models.

Collision assist attempts to prevent a crash and will do self braking....it uses a radar function to monitor the distance between your vehicle and others (and pedestrians).

Congrats on the new vehicle!

Reactions: REMROB

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
It is not self braking, it’s semi self braking. It will sound a warning, and you have to put your foot on the brake pedal- it will do the rest automatically. But it needs your confirmation by touching he pedal.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for clarifying the 'Collision Assist' I didn't want to have to do a real test. As to added cost lowly Toyota Rav4 has it as standard where the adaptive cruise will stop your car dead if something stops or pulls across your front., I know because it saved my life about 2 months after I bought the car

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
I personally prefer this configuration. It leaves the ultimate decision up to me the driver whether I’m going to stop or swerve.

That being said I didn’t want somebody to misunderstand with the system does. It is not fully autonomous emergency braking.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts