Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all.

Thank you having me and allowing me to participate in your forum.

So I want to buy a Metris for work. I would prefer to buy used, maybe one year old. I would like to obtain all the bells and whistles on the Metris. So i’m thinking buying a passenger and converting to a cargo. I realize the van a rapped with windows, but I do like the driver/passenger sliding doors, but how do I conceal the side windows for safety? I do want to install a partition and shelves in the back! No ladder rack for now. I could get away with carring a 6ft. ladder inside.

As for immediate changes, for starters, would like to change rear lights to European version LED’s as well as the front headlights and grille. I would also like to modify and install well illuminated LED in the back cargo area. Also installing a aftermarket double DIN head unit with all the bells, like back up camara, Sat radio, etc.... If I could add a center console as well.

All suggestions all gladly accepted.

Thank you all.

·
Registered
2016 Cargo converted into a camper van
333 Posts
Try cars.com- some dealers that have new and used models on that site that they are not moving.

·
Registered
525 Posts
For all you want to do in add-ons, you're better off with a Cargo Van to work up from. They come in dual rear sliding doors, but maybe not many on open market used. I can tell you as a Cargo Van owner with no rear windows and the factory partition, I never felt more confident leaving $10,000+ worth of my gear in my Metris Cargo at out of town locations, hotels, etc. I have the single sliding door and it has never been an issue work related.

Like mentioned, I'd recommend getting one with factory hitch and the Blind Spot assist has saved my ass more than a couple times. Upgraded heater is warranted in colder climates.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts