Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Patiently waiting in the queue for the conversion. The first all US sourced Metris westy convo rolled out of Sebastopol recently. Y'all interested in camper convos should check out the new pix on gtrv.com and a utube video via facebook or twitter. It's not a Marco Polo but looks to be a reasonable facsimile. I'll try to put links into the gtrv thread.:wink:

·
Registered
2019 Passenger
443 Posts
What are they doing for the pop top these days? I know they were looking at switching products.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What are they doing for the pop top these days? I know they were looking at switching products.
Yes, they designed their own top. I don't recall all of the differences but the upper bed folds rearward rather than a single piece that attaches to the top. Also, they reworked the internal framing iirc.

·
Registered
2019 Passenger
443 Posts
Interesting. I'd have to wonder if it was certified by MB. Not that this always matters, but it's certainly something I would ask. Any idea of the price of their homebrew top?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interesting. I'd have to wonder if it was certified by MB. Not that this always matters, but it's certainly something I would ask. Any idea of the price of their homebrew top?
Don't know of MB seal of approval. I only got a price for the whole westy enchilada. But you can contavt them at sales at gtrv.com and they will give you the price. They (Mike) are very quick to respond to enquiries.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had a pop-top conversion done by GTRV a little over a year ago when they were still using the Reimo tops. I just visited them last month. The new "homebrew" pop top is very nice - better than the Reimo in my opinion. I think the price for the pop top alone will be around $5k but I didn't ask. They had over a dozen Metris vehicle being worked on when I visited.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not yet. It will be 7 months shortly. Another person recently reported 10 months to delivery on the GTRV yahoo group site. Kinda like having a baby ;) Not sure about the rear restraints. My guess from pics and video is that they are only laps.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts