Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what the purpose of the hatch to the left of the air vent ?

Reading light is integrated in the grab handles, so maybe not a place for a light?

I'm puzzled, but don't want to pry!

Attachments

·
Registered
939 Posts
V class somethingornother. I'll look at EPC on Monday.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
I suspect you are right, but it doesn’t make sense to support that 2x2. Also I thought that parcel shelf was only on V-class models equipped with the two-piece tailgate.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Looks like it can be had with the lift gate as well.

It seems that it also could be for the retractable cargo cover. (Although the picture is not a V-class)

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
The second car is a last-generation car, I am going to guess a Viano (what they called the upscale version for the middle generation).

The first car, I am fairly certain, a V-class based on the extra door sealing and clad rear sheet metal. The Vito is available with barn doors in 180 and 270 degree openings, as well as a one piece tailgate. The V-class is available with either a one piece tailgate, or a two piece tailgate where either the whole thing or just the rear window swing up.

The parcel shelf is designed to produce a second trunk level that is accessed through that opening rear window.

·
Registered
2019 Passenger
739 Posts
I think they may call it a multiflexboard. Wish they offered it in the states. Looks convenient. Based on the fact that the rear legs fit in the tracks I double its something a person could import and fit in a US model with any great success.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Looks like it can be had with the lift gate as well.

That's what I was thinking, that's why i asked for the pics.

I have the shelf, althoug I love it 90% of the time I'd love for it to be height adjustable. A big suitcase won't fit standing under it and that wastes a lot of space when flipped up.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Dammit, I gotta figure out the option code for that and try to add it. My local FTS (Field Technical Somethingornother) wouldn't do it. @DerDichter, does it have Eco Start/Stop?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Dammit, I gotta figure out the option code for that and try to add it. My local FTS (Field Technical Somethingornother) wouldn't do it. @DerDichter, does it have Eco Start/Stop?

No, because it's Diesel, if remeber correctly diesel engines don't like be turned on/off os often...

Speaking of coding... Letus know if you find something. I got a software and a cable to do some coding on my BMW, haven't had the time to do anything yet but there are a lot posts in BMW forums on how to code this and that, but haven't found much on MB

1 - 18 of 18 Posts