Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Passenger
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would share some shots of my seats. I've mentioned them a few times, but never got around to taking some pics.

These are from Surinder at Metris Seats (@Premier Upfits )

These are the long rails so I'm able to move that 3rd row seat pretty far back. In this config tall adults are very comfortable.

I have a 4th rail, but haven't installed it yet. I have one kid and only really wanted one seat in the back. These captains chairs slide, recline, fold down.. and also tip forward on the front mounts. I'm picking up a Reimo folding bed that can fit with these Vito seats tipped forward in the forward position in the second row when the poptop goes in next month. For us the one seat with loads of rooms for gear and the poptop is the perfect combination.

The install was very easy. There is another thread on the forum where another member shows the install so I wont go into any detail. I only had to cut a foot of carpet and padding out at the end of each rail. No wood or anything.

The best part about the seats over OEM is that they slide and recline. You lift the handle at the right leg and just slide back.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Interesting that a bed can fit WITH the seats, instead of. Looks like you have a rear hatch and not barn doors. Are you happy with it. I think that is my preference.

·
Registered
799 Posts

·
Registered
Metris Cargo 135 2020
375 Posts
That really is the pro - setup!

4 rails and 4 captain chairs would make for the perfect long distance road trip people mover.
Just need to make an executive console + foldout tables + cupholders etc that goes into the rails in the middle. Thinking. Might need to extra rails in the center, so the console can move fwd/back. Or two smaller consoles, when all seats face forward (as I think they probably should while driving)

·
Registered
2019 Passenger
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What you describe there is actually an OEM vito option you can get.

http://www.metrisseats.com/4_captain_seats_with__table.html

I actually didn't want this because I wanted L track rails for cargo. I also truly wanted just two seats. My stock metris benches can still fit on these rails so I'm keeping them for the moment. Beauty is I can move that stock 3 seat bench all the way back now that the rail shuttles can slide. Put it anywhere you want.

For sure these singles are the way to go.. easy to move in and out for the average person. So you can pip them out at the campsite etc.

6 adults could be very comfortable with 4 of these and the long rails.

·
Registered
2019 Passenger
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, rear facing is safer statistically. Not everyone can stomach it. I can do it easily on trains and busses. Less so on small boats unless it's water sports like wake surfing.

I question the safety of a table. It may be generally safe and certainly legal in an rv, but I shy away from it when moving. That mercedes table is nice and there are knock offs. You just need the double track tracks. The two center tracks have two grooves. One for seats and the far interior groove for the table. I think they only come in the 6' length so shorter than the long ones I have.

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 Passenger
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well. The promise is there. It's going to depend on how leggy the occupants are and how comfortable they are with touching legs. It works with kids.

I'll be able to do like this when I get my 4th rail installed. the Vito 3 seat bench in the back with 2 singles is a good combo. The three seats recline separately and fold down.

·
Registered
Metris Cargo 135 2020
375 Posts
Oh I know, people better know each other and don’t mind a kick in the shins when the guy with size 1w shoes wants to move his legs around ;)

Anyway. I am impressed with that rail setup and sliding chair and bench system.

Also, after hearing the term smartfloor three times in like three days, I have had a very close look at that. Interesting stuff that turns up!

·
Registered
2019 Passenger
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It actually surprised me how the floor is constructed. I had no idea. Starting at the bottom its a very thin plastic. Must be 1 mil or less. This is mostly a laminate for the foam that comes next. Then there is a cool sheet of formed plastic that has round stand offs that extend down to the floor so you have long ones where there is deep corrugation and then short ones on the high spots. Then you have the carpet. All of the rigidity of the floor between the rails is just thin plastic with these stand offs and carpet. No plywood or anything solid. Very clever.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts