Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is the one thing that I am scratching my head about, stupid upper panel (from Mercedes) that I seem to be missing some parts or ideas on how to fix it to the sliding door. I currently have it in place with Velcro and bungee cords. I am looking for a more attractive and yet cost friendly solution. Ideas please!?!?!

Attachments

·
Registered
210 Posts
Is the dealer unable to get the mounting parts? For what it's worth, here are the OEM part numbers to go with the attached diagram:

[ 3 ] BODY HARDWARE / SIDE LOADING DOOR / INTERIOR TRIM / Upper panel rivet
Part Number: 0009919240
MSRP $1.50

[ 4 ] BODY HARDWARE / SIDE LOADING DOOR / INTERIOR TRIM / Upper panel screw
Part Number: 000000001527
MSRP $1.40

[ 5 ] BODY HARDWARE / SIDE LOADING DOOR / INTERIOR TRIM / Upper panel clip, white panel
Part Number: 0019918198
MSRP $2.00

[ 5 ] BODY HARDWARE / SIDE LOADING DOOR / INTERIOR TRIM / Upper panel clip, grey panel
Part Number: 0049947145
MSRP $2.00​

You might try ordering them from an online original equipment parts vendor:

https://mercedespartscenter.com/parts/2017/Mercedes-Benz/Metris/Base/?diagram=5930368

You can also find generic clips and fasteners here:

https://www.clipsandfasteners.com/Mercedes-Clips-And-Fasteners-s/225.htm

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! My dealer has helpful and non-helpful aspects to them. They have not been helpful here. My main question with all of the bits to get this panel on is “how many of each of these bits do I need?” Somehow it looks really easy to get it all wrong.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Thank you! My dealer has helpful and non-helpful aspects to them. They have not been helpful here. My main question with all of the bits to get this panel on is “how many of each of these bits do I need?” Somehow it looks really easy to get it all wrong.
Unfortunately I don't have a cargo van to look at. User parsi lists the fasteners you need in this thread. He says that the official part numbers are actually wrong. I don't know.

Given no additional information other than what I see online, I'd probably go to a dealer with a trimmed-out cargo van in stock. Inspect the van and order however many OE parts you need (apparently each push-pin has a corresponding clip) with the understanding that if the parts that arrive aren't the right ones you can return them.

Good luck!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I’ll take the van up to the dealer and see if I can extract some help from them. I think that it was Parsi’s Post that left me with the sense that it wasn’t going to be straight forward at all. I was hoping that there would be some clever diy work around attachment to save me......

·
Registered
196 Posts
Thanks, I’ll take the van up to the dealer and see if I can extract some help from them. I think that it was Parsi’s Post that left me with the sense that it wasn’t going to be straight forward at all. I was hoping that there would be some clever diy work around attachment to save me......
Lala2 if it helps any I have made panel from 1/4" ply and attached with screws that upfitters use to attach their work, is better in my opinion than paying for plastic "bolts" $1.50 each what a hwy robbery :-(

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Baron: This is exciting! Are you talking about rivnuts? Do you have any photos of your secured panel? I don’t remember seeing it in your prior conversion posts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts