Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I woke up this morning, started my car without any problem, drove about 25 miles, parked for about 30 minutes and when it was time to go, the car wouldn’t crank. The dash lights come on but no single noise when I turn the ignition key...been doing this now from time to time. Any ideas ?

·
Banned
2,743 Posts
Take out the key, remove the battery (press the slide switch on the butt end of the key, remove the mechanical key, turn it 180 degrees so the blade is on the opposite side it came out from, and push gently as tho to reinsert- this will open the battery flap), wait five-ten seconds, put it back in, replace everything, and turn it again. If this works, drive directly to the dealer.

If it doesn’t work, have it towed to the dealer.

I’ve had the problem before but without Dash lights, but once I pulled it out and tried it again it worked.

While you are at it, make sure the car is in park. Prolly shoulda mentioned that first. Unlikely it wouldn’t be; you’d have to shut it off running with the door open, after manually reengaging drive as opening the door is supposed to put the thing in park.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Does it do it with both Key fobs? Could also be a sticking relay.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts