Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked her up a week ago, ran some errands during the week and did a full-sized concert on Saturday, had zero issues & am really happy with how she runs & rides when loaded to the ceiling with sound gear!

Been running around using an Odyssey with the seats out for the last couple of years, with a tow-hitch I was able to pull it off w/ a U-Haul trailer but now I can do it all in one van!

Question: anyone know the size of the bolts for the inside mounting? I need to add tie-downs on the walls, see pic of said bolts receptacles (IMG_0621.jpg)...

Attachments

·
Registered
292 Posts
Congrats on the new van and welcome to the forum! I like the color.

8 x 1.25 mm for those shown along the "waist." as well as in the floor. There are also some 6 x 1.0 mm threaded inserts near the ceiling.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats on the new van and welcome to the forum! I like the color.

8 x 1.25 mm for those shown along the "waist." as well as in the floor. There are also some 6 x 1.0 mm threaded inserts near the ceiling.
Perfect, thanks!

Re: the color, thinking of making a fake UPS sign for Haloween, because why not?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Love the Brown! If I had custom ordered my van it would have probably been brown.

Used to have a brown 1983 300D in the family, awesome car. :grin:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Love the Brown! If I had custom ordered my van it would have probably been brown.

Used to have a brown 1983 300D in the family, awesome car. :grin:
It was the only brown one in stock, I got it through my local Credit Union so didn't have the option of ordering custom - had to be something on the local dealer's lot. Luckily the brown one has the Premium Safety Package, luxury seats, luxury trim & steering wheel, and a few other bells & whistles. I can add a tow-hitch (has the wiring for it already) and roof-rack later but not the safety stuff, the blind-spot awareness alone is essential.

The credit-union Auto Services is the way to go if you have that option - pick the car, they buy it for cash (took $1500 off the price) and handle all the paperwork so you don't get any surprises - out the door price was a hair under $40,000 USD with zero dealer fees, they make their $ on the financing interest.

Edit: oh yeah, and the wife loves the brown color too, major win on that move!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts