Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I never do these kind of forum introductions but the forums I frequent before are full of kids (I am actually not that old myself), so you always get flamed and whatnot. Knowing that most of the members here are adults, this should be a nicer forum to browse.

My mom loves Mercedes and got her 1998 C280 19 years ago. She wanted me to get a 2005 C240 when I got my license but I am just not ready for it. 10 years later and after browsing a work vehicle for my father (he currently uses my 1999 Sienna with no seats as a work van) we found the Metris! Fords were too big and other brands don't really make a smaller cargo van. Somehow we stumbled into the Mercedes dealership because I was thinking of getting a E350 for my brother and mom, and we saw this cargo van. My dad fell in love because it's nice and small and easy to drive. Comes with pretty good interior standard with bluetooth and everything, this van is great!! Best thing is he can go underground with this thing!

After the 1st day of getting it, my dad didn't want to wait so he built his own shelves for the Metris. I looked around for Metris shelves and only ones I found are Ranger Design and they cost $2000. My dad still wants a roof rack and rails but we have yet to find any.

Can any members suggest a good roof rails and rack that is not too high so my father can put a ladder on top? Also, what other options can we do? I love the self parallel park option but too bad they don't come in the cargo van. I also tried to change the interior bulbs to LEDs but I can't seem to take the cover off. Anyone has a suggestion how to remove the covers? And if I run strips of LEDs in the back, will the only light there be enough to power all the strips?? Thanks everyone!!

*Sorry, I don't know how to flip the picture around. Hopefully no one hurt their necks!

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey ! Welcome to the forums, unfortunately I'm new to all of this and I don't even own one yet but.... Those are some really nice shelves going on back there. Wish I could answer more of your questions !

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hi and welcome - shelving looking great.

One thing - the self parking option is available on the cargo version. I ordered mine with it - sorry!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey ! Welcome to the forums, unfortunately I'm new to all of this and I don't even own one yet but.... Those are some really nice shelves going on back there. Wish I could answer more of your questions !
Thanks!! Hopefully you will join the Metris family soon! I am just starting to learn about this too!

Hi there. Welcome to the forum.
here is link to a rack. if it helps
Wow, that is a nice rack! >:D But the price is a bit high, is there a cheaper alternative?

Hi and welcome - shelving looking great.

One thing - the self parking option is available on the cargo version. I ordered mine with it - sorry!
Thanks!! What? The dealer told us that option was exclusive for the passenger van. My father test drove the passenger (because they dont have any cargo test vehicles), and he told me he tried the self parking option and it parallel parked a very tight spot. Since he's getting old and there's a lot of street parking around the city, this would've been an awesome option! Lucky you!

·
Registered
470 Posts
Thanks!! What? The dealer told us that option was exclusive for the passenger van.
One thing you found out like myself and others... the sales 'consultant' at this early stage know very little about the many options of the MC. I knew more than mine... can't tell you how many times she said, "Wow, I didn't know that! I'm gonna..."

·
Registered
470 Posts
Wait! Did your dad cut a section out of the bulkhead partition? For what? Did he just leave it like that with the rough (metal) edges?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts