Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
$100k for 3 new black cargo vans that carry only 300 lbs in parts stock
1. out of the gate all tires ripping outer edge costly wrote numerous threads on this in past finally new alignment specs should help but who is going to reimburse our small business for all the tires averaging 10k took 3 years ,,,
2. instrument clusters $1100 going bad
3 ventilation code p052e crankcase ventilation valve 12 hour job $2100 every 60k reguired from what I see 3 vans x $2100 is $6grand every 60k
4. rear /front brake rotors wear constantly all factory parts (rotors are too small and hot for the weight of this vehicle) 1 piston caliper in rear
5. brake warning sensors do not work
6. cracked windshield replacements difficult to order and worse to install
7. Mercedes will not warranty under the federal emissions the $2100 CRANKCASE valve which 7 year 70k but will not pass inspection with the code due to emissions regulations after checking with multiple dealers
8. recall still waiting 6 months after warning in mail that could result in pin breakage of power steering
9. constant recalls of having to take vehicle off road to dealer

the reason I purchased these vans new was to be able to keep them on the road, not waste time and $$ and as fleet mechanic take care of the service

3 vans have approx 55k average on top of oil change intervals sooner than required using only mercedes oil and filters, with careful safe drivers.

WORST MONEY PIT OF A VEHICLE i EVER OWNED... so NOT only would I never purchase these vans again, after seeing the way Meercedes has the customer back and dealers not concerned for having top spend all this money , I would never purchase a Mercedes product. EVER! and i purchase many vehicles.
that's my story , thats the fact,and I am sticking to it! I have already talked other fleet managers out of considering any Mercedes product. Over engineered
bad support, and denial of any problems from the factory!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha. well yeah your correct Green, wasn't ever one of those lucky fiat 128 owners..but they all run in Italy without all the usa gov regs.
I am on a mission with this now common crankcase breather $2100 problem
I already found a remanufactured $218 parts assembly for new breather box and hose and big intake elbow and line in place of the $900 part # 274-090-02-00 at the Mercedes dealer...same part probably modified with insulation.. they call it a crankcase vent valve..haha
its a breather system really that replicates the $5 dollar pcv valve from the old days Anyway>this assembly rids p052e this is exactly like the SC70 S80 Volvo breather box whistle ISSUE.. sludge builds up in tube or box I am thinking of trying to high [pressure the line and box first with sea foam then vac it out for a $10 dollar fix...imagine if this works?
here's a good link with scroll down parts specific to METRIS
https://nemigaparts.com/cat_spares/epc/mercedes/1/m/274920/D78/01/130/

1 - 3 of 3 Posts