Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got word that my '18 Cargo was built last Friday. I hope it wasn't the last one of the day! That's a little ahead of its estimated build date of 1/10, so hopefully it will stay ahead of schedule all the way through until delivery. Still has to get knocked down, crated, shipped and reassembled! I don't have an ETA yet and it arrives, when it arrives. I had just ordered an extra set of steel wheels off Evilbay for my winter studded tires, but will wait until it's here to buy and mount tires.... It might be spring! I'm pretty excited to be at the next step in the process!:grin:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It took about a month and a half for mine to get here; but that was at product introduction, so YMMV.
I was figuring 6-8 weeks. I asked the salesman for the VIN and the ETA, but he only gave me the VIN.
Since yours was around 6 weeks for a Passenger RO/RO, compared to a Cargo being knocked down, crated and reassembled... mine may be more like the 8 weeks. We'll see!

·
Registered
939 Posts
I was able to track mine once it was on a ship.

·
Registered
25 Posts
RobbMeeX, I am in Atlanta and just purchased a Metris Passenger. I tried a private message but can't do that unless I have so many posts. Anyway, I would love to get info on local help for a few additions to the van (swivel bases, deadening a rattle in the driver door etc..
Thanks, Dan.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi NormanFoley - When did you order your cargo? I ordered a cargo on 12/8 and haven't heard anything back yet. Did your dealer keep you updated as to progress of your order before giving you the build date? Just curious as to what to expect both in time and communication. Thanks, Pat

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
If you are interested in whats going on with your van, call the salesman. He is making money off your sale, don’t feel bad to push for updated information.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I ordered my van 11/15. As another member mentioned in a post, I asked for an existing spot the dealer had in the order queue. They changed a van order that would have been for their dealer stock spec, to the spec I wanted. If I they had added another van, I would have been further back on build date.

My salesman has been very good if I ask, but he doesn't provide information unprompted. He still hasn't given me an ETA, but as it's an additional vehicle.... my schedule is flexible.

I am going to ask him if he can provide the Data Card for the van, which is a super comprehensive build sheet for the vehicle. It even includes serial numbers on some major components. I'm curious if any of my options were deleted, as some others have mentioned.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks NormanFoley. When I've ordered cars in the past - '04 Porsche 997, '06 Mini Cooper S - the factory(s) sent me regular updates. This is my first Benz so I didn't know what to expect, although the salesman told me when I asked about the order process that MB considers it as just another dealer stock order, and he is my sole point of contact. He has been responsive to my questions and was able to make a small change in configuration as well. He indicated any updates would probably be more regular when the van is actually in production. I'm hoping his estimate of delivery - 3 months - is in the ballpark of actual delivery.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts