Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my Metris I have 2 tire pressure labels on the body, one in the gas filler and one on the door. They have different info and I have not got to the tire pressure in the manual yet still reading. The label in the gas filter area states a hot and cold pressure and the one in the door states cold only I believe the door states 44 front and back cold and the gas filler states 39 cold then 44 then 45 loaded. It lists hot pressure info but I don't check hot so I didn't pay attention to that part. Mine are currently 39 cold when i checked from the dealer. Which is the correct label?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Not 39, because my low tire pressure light came on last week and all the tires were at 41 psi. Aired them back up to 45 and all is good.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Mine came on the other day and all tires were at 41. I inflated them to 44 and the warning didn't turn off after 30-40 miles of driving. I followed the procedure to reset it on p.277 of the manual and so far, so good. Tomorrow, after the tires are cool, I am going to try to set them at 39 psi and see if I can set the warning to the lower pressure

·
Registered
258 Posts
The tag on the door pillar suggests 39 for a normal load and 44/45 for a full load. I plan to adjust the pressures if and when it is called for.

·
Registered
127 Posts
The manual says that 44/45 is acceptable under any load condition, but warns that you will see uneven tire wear at lower than full load. It is recommended to run at 39 for empty or light loads and to give a more comfortable ride. I use mine to haul my kids and 39 is where I have my tires. The computer only bases tire pressure off of what you tell it is normal.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Real quick answer: set tires low, reset system threshold, air up tires to door spec.
start 36, reset, air to 39.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Yes. So, what I was told when I went to alignment school is that resetting the light sets the threshold at which the light comes on. Set them to 36, reset the light on a hot day, on cold start up, the pressures will be lower and possibly trip the light. But if you set then to 36, reset the light, then fill to 39, even on a cold day when pressures are lower, it will still be over the threshold. That is what I've been told is "proper". Now having said all that, its not always the procedure that is done. I didn't do it on my own car and had the light come on. I've since performed it, but in all honesty, its not common procedure in the shop.
Also, all specs in this are theoretical. Consult the door sticker for proper specs.:p

·
Registered
2018 Metris Passenger
295 Posts
Does the recommended tire pressure depend on which wheels you are using?

wheel-size.com/size/mercedes/metris/2018/#trim-20tdi-eudm

·
Registered
939 Posts
Since my last reply, I have started running 44f,45r cuz I saw the other sticker... no other reason.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I had been running my tires (mostly empty load) at 40 psi. When I had my van in for an A service, they set them at 36 psi? I haven't called them about it yet. Is there a reason for setting them so low or did they just not do it correctly?

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
They didn’t do it correctly. That’s a reasonable pressure for a car tire, but a Metris is not a car. I would run it no lower than 39 cold. I prefer 41. But 36 cold is WAY too low.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
When they checked my alignment and(ntf) made my tire balance worse by redoing and wanting to charge me on my 1st service they left my tires at 48 cold all around. They would get to 55 or higher on the hwy til I returned home from the trip I was on. I have reset them to 40 where they were when it went in.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts