Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Now that Thanksgiving is over, it can only mean one thing: Black Friday is here. Here are the best automotive deals we spotted on Amazon. Happy shopping! Move quickly because some of these deals are timed, so if you wait, you might miss out on a great deal.

Shop Now: https://www.autoguide.com/products/move-quick-best-black-friday-automotive-deals

G

·

A dude in The Samba Split Bus threads was bitching that the prices were of control because the baby boomers were living their dreams from their youth. Dumbass, I did not want a VW Bus when I was 16; I wanted a Sunbeam Tiger.

·
Registered
2018 Metris Passenger
336 Posts
Thought about bringing back a Lotus Europa when I returned from England in '76, but by then they were out of production. Back then you could get one from the factory built for export, drive it for 6 months and avoid import duties.
Besides, by then I had a wife and two dogs and had traded in the A H Sprite (ours was white) for a Mini Van (ours was blue). Pat would have been happy with the Lotus. Before I met her she went with a mechanic for Colin Chapman and hung around the pits at Le Mans. When I met her, she drove a Frog Eyed Sprite. When she was a child during WWII her father had a Lagonda he acquired as payment for some architectural work he did and she learned to drive in an Alvis (my family was relatively boring vehicle-wise).

Attachments

G

·
My older brother gave me a '63 Nova SS like this one when I was fifteen; it only had two pedals and was not good in the sand.

G

·
How fuc king stupid are you administrators? Letting me do this to your fora? Am I an obnoxious prick? Perhaps. Am I wrong? No. You should boot me. I plan to continue the build thread on The Samba in The off-topic forum when I go home. User name Craig.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts