Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my 2020 metris Cargo 2 weeks ago. I am in love with these Momo Heritage 6 wheels. Apparrently, Im the first person on earth who's had the notion to put them on a Metris. Ive been going back and forth by email with Tony Whatley from Deviate Motorsports in Houston to try to make this work. He has been extremely helpful by the way. We figured out I can get the appropriate size, lug pattern and offset (custom made of course). The stock TPMS will work too. He needs me to take measurements and photos of the front and rear calipers to send to Momo to see if we can do this. Ill do that tomorrow after work. Fingers crossed.

Attachments

·
Banned
2,743 Posts
I would consider that a problem since the fully loaded you are going to be 163 lbs over loaded per wheel. That would give you 6080lbs gvw, and therefore losing 652lbs of capacity. That’s a lot- about 25%.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I considered that. I am not going to be loading it up to max capacity. I am a cabinet maker. The only thing I'll be carrying are light woodworking tools for installs and occasionally the odd sheet of plywood or small amounts of board stock for work and personal projects. Thank you for the input. Do you have an opinion on tires?

·
Banned
2,743 Posts
I like the Michelin Defender. But you have more options because a primary priority of mine is preserving weight capacity and there are not many 101H or better tires designed for this size of application.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm looking for something sporty. My Metris is already fun to drive. I'm looking forward to how she'll do with the right tires.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Nice wheels. I was thinking of Nokian zLine because it is rated XL 103Y.

I haven't gotten to that point yet. I have used Sumitomo HTRz a/s and they wore out quickly. I have used Nokian enTyre and they have lasted a long time. Currently on Nokian WR3 which have good wear but are becoming annoyingly noisy but unfortunately have a lot of tread and I think will be on there a while.

·
Registered
126 Posts
The website you linked shows the zLine as being an all season tire which it is not. It is a summer tire. The zLine A/S is the all season tire. Maybe you knew this and if so ignore me.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Turns out Momo doesn't have 17x8 wheel cores in stock. Looks like I'll be waiting a lot longer than I anticipated.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts