Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
361 - 365 of 365 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have 300 miles on my cargo, and I am shocked that no one has honked at me yet. I can't see s**t! I just paid $50 on amazon for THREE different sets of blind spot mirrors. I will update the thread with pics and observations when they arrive.

The ones at Pep boys will not work for me long term, but I have a $3.99 version on the passenger side for now. I think I'll end up with a few cameras looking out over the passenger side and rear.
Really glad I got the blind spot warning as part of a package w the self parking ( that only works about half the time) and other safety features. I wonder if it could be retrofitted. Gives an audable and lights up if there is a danger to the side.

·
Registered
30 Posts
h
Thanks Beemer. Purchased a Burco mirror 5731W from eBay and have been using it for about a week. Wow. What an amazing difference. The passenger mirror is now fully functional and the stress of lane merge to the right is over. This is a high quality product, in my opinion, and installation is indistinguishable from a factory look. The thin glass mirror with 6 large round adhesive disks fits perfectly and securely over the existing mirror. Best $24.80 and 10 minutes work Ive invested in our Metris. I installed in a cold garage so I heated both mirrors with a hair dryer to insure a good stick of the adhesive disks.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Burco-5731W-Right-Side-Replacement-Mirror-Glass-for-2016-Mercedes-Benz-Metris/391888167454?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I my opinion this is what the 2016 Metris passenger side mirror should have been and at this price it's well worth trying. As Monk would say, "You'll thank me later."
How is this mirror different optically? I found it on amazon-- and the very sparse description indicates that is is exactly same as original mirror-- i assume that your experience is different... and the amazon description is lacking... thanking you in advance...

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just grabbed a pair of the Burco mirrors off of amazon, and they are way better than I expected them to be. I've gone through two sizes of the little adhesive spherical mirrors on both sides, and I'm glad found the burcos on this thread to replace them. I felt like even with both sizes of the spherical ones I was still having trouble seeing right behind the driver/passenger window even when those add-ons were almost 1/3 the size of the mirror. These replacements really fill that void by opening up the whole mirror and being able to see into the massive blind spots.

The install was pretty easy with the adhesive pads they provide in the box, but they didn't provide a whole lot of contact as my mirrors are flat and the burco replacements are curved. Also the four adhesive pads provided for each side are really thin, and seem to only contact the new mirror right on the edges if at all. My driver's side stuck well to the original mirror using the pads, but the passenger side didn't (must not have lined it up well enough) so I grabbed some silicone glue and put a hefty glob on and that did the trick.

I would highly recommend grabbing some of them if you're still looking for a solution:

·
Registered
2016 126 Jupiter Red Cargo
11 Posts
My 2016 cargo has no back or side windows. It came with round fisheye mirrors stuck on the main mirrors, but they were pretty useless. I read this thread and ordered the Burco mirrors for both sides. They are a huge improvement and should have been on the van from the factory. Thank you to those who posted about them here.

361 - 365 of 365 Posts