Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
321 - 340 of 365 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
I bought a Burco replacement mirror for the passenger side. Its amazing how the blind spot seems to have disappeared. When installing I left the old mirror on and used their double-sided tape and I added additional tape to stick it to the old mirror. It is a quality mirror. Model#5731W
http://burcoinc.com/redi-cuts-catalog/
Glad some has tried the mirror and liked it. I ordered it from eBay. Just waiting for it to show up.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Mine came in the mail today. About a week and a half since I order it, which includes the holiday. Haven't put it on yet with the snow and chilly temps. But the kit looks good, especially for under $30.

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
I bought a Burco replacement mirror for the passenger side. Its amazing how the blind spot seems to have disappeared. When installing I left the old mirror on and used their double-sided tape and I added additional tape to stick it to the old mirror. It is a quality mirror. Model#5731W
http://burcoinc.com/redi-cuts-catalog/

Thanks Beemer. Purchased a Burco mirror 5731W from eBay and have been using it for about a week. Wow. What an amazing difference. The passenger mirror is now fully functional and the stress of lane merge to the right is over. This is a high quality product, in my opinion, and installation is indistinguishable from a factory look. The thin glass mirror with 6 large round adhesive disks fits perfectly and securely over the existing mirror. Best $24.80 and 10 minutes work Ive invested in our Metris. I installed in a cold garage so I heated both mirrors with a hair dryer to insure a good stick of the adhesive disks.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Burco-5731...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I my opinion this is what the 2016 Metris passenger side mirror should have been and at this price it's well worth trying. As Monk would say, "You'll thank me later."

·
Registered
112 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Thanks I must have issed them. Was it that bad? So it's not really the size itself but the relfection?
For me it was a big issue, but I know someone else who has van and the original flat mirror never was an issue for them...and they don't even have the blind spot system. I guess it is what you are used to and perhaps style of driving.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Its not actually that bad, if you add blind spot mirrors, and are used to a two mirror system. If that is foreign to you (and most people who don't drive trucks have no idea how to use a two mirror system) yeah, its bad.

Speaking for myself, I prefer the view provided by Tony's Before picture. But it really depends what you are used to, I guess.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hate to beat a dead horse. Does anybody have a part number for the replacement passenger side aspherical mirror glass with both the blind spot and heated options. My dealer said it was impossible to have a mirror with both options. It is amazing how little info the dealers have about these vehicles.
Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Its not actually that bad, if you add blind spot mirrors, and are used to a two mirror system. If that is foreign to you (and most people who don't drive trucks have no idea how to use a two mirror system) yeah, its bad.

Speaking for myself, I prefer the view provided by Tony's Before picture. But it really depends what you are used to, I guess.
I agree with your statement those who are not drive trucks have no idea how to use mirrors.

·
Registered
2018 Metris Passenger
426 Posts
Most travel trailers are about 8 ft wide. (mine is 93 inches). To see back down the road behind the trailer, the mirrors have to extend beyond the width of the trailer, so at least 96 inches. The metris is is about 76 inches wide, so the mirrors have to extend about 10 inches either side to see cars directly behind you. The closer they are, the wider you need. (you can waggle the trailer to move it out of the way for a peek, but that's not always a good idea.) Like any following vehicle, if they can't see your mirror, you can't see them.

321 - 340 of 365 Posts