Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 20 of 361 Posts

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
I honestly can't tell you why a mirror design similar to the Sprinter's (tall main mirror over a convex blind spot mirror) wasn't specified. I do know that if the mirrors were any wider, though, it would require clearance lights. (And trust me, you don't want to have to keep track of 15 more light bulbs!)

·
Registered
160 Posts
I honestly can't tell you why a mirror design similar to the Sprinter's (tall main mirror over a convex blind spot mirror) wasn't specified. I do know that if the mirrors were any wider, though, it would require clearance lights. (And trust me, you don't want to have to keep track of 15 more light bulbs!)
Looks like they fell victim to not learning to do what already proves to be successful, instead of 'reinventing the wheel' so to say.

·
Registered
112 Posts
My Eurovan has a tall, convex mirror on passenger side and same size mirror on driver's side, but laid out horizontally. The Metris mirror, both inside and out are awful and offer a very poor view of the road behind.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have 300 miles on my cargo, and I am shocked that no one has honked at me yet. I can't see s**t! I just paid $50 on amazon for THREE different sets of blind spot mirrors. I will update the thread with pics and observations when they arrive.

The ones at Pep boys will not work for me long term, but I have a $3.99 version on the passenger side for now. I think I'll end up with a few cameras looking out over the passenger side and rear.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looking forward to your observations. I got some additions off Amazon yesterday to have to take with me when I go pick up my van - hopefully in the next couple weeks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Has anyone found good replacements or additions to the mirrors? They are way TOO small. Already see from other posts that folks have felt the need to replace.

I haven't made any changes to my side mirrors, but I've added a Broadway rectangular mirror that clips right over my rear view mirror and it has dramatically improved my rear-view. I was thinking about the pep boys convex mini mirrors for my sides.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I wonder if everyone wants the shining LED on side mirror for signaling left/right turns.
something like this on Amazon.
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Mercedes-Benz-E-Class-Mirror-Cover-Signal/dp/B018TGNIVE/ref=sr_1_19?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1452917887&sr=1-19&keywords=mercedes+benz+side+mirror[/ame]

It looks like both C and E class having those LED side mirrow for better turn signal. I really love it to improve safety.

Have anyone try to replace them before?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I solved my blind spot issue with some large add on wide view mirrors. I had to adjust and cut the ABS plastic on the outer edge to get full view out of the mirror but they worked out for me. Here a a few photos of how it look.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
We tried a small blond spot mirror but can't see clearly because of the size. Then bought a 3" one that works great.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I just bought these from ebay and they look like they'll be perfect. http://goo.gl/emrEBv
Now comes removal of the stock glass and installation of these, which are the Euro/Vito version.

I've done a private message with RobbMeeX who is a MB tech and he agrees that the mirrors are like this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQgOSKjr7bY

Any input if someone has real-world experience taking that glass off would be great - I do have to go to the dealership for an unrelated stop and I'm thinking of asking them to do the dirty work....I'd really hate to bust something this soon.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Update - installed and they look like they'll be great. Haven't had the chance to have them on the road, but will tomorrow. Removal/installation was easy. Just tilt the mirrors down, grab the top and pull. disconnect the 2 wires for the heating element and the one plug for the Blind Spot Assist warning light. Re-plug and push the mirror back on and good to go.

More as soon as I've got some miles on them.

1 - 20 of 361 Posts