Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 Motion Pro windows, Max Fan, 12V deep cycle battery with 7 gang fuse.

Next, wire for 6 touch Led lights, 2 - 12v outlets, and a water pump. Then start the bed and interior finish.

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
very cool! what are you planing for seating / sleeping? A folding bench or a fixed bed? I am looking currently into the folding seats from Germany but still cant justify the cost of bringing them over, or a Rock'n Roll bed like the RIB etc. Most of the once you can get from the UK for affordable price are M1 tested but as usual the European pull testing doesn't mean anything for the US..so looks like back to square one for me:(

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
very cool! what are you planing for seating / sleeping? A folding bench or a fixed bed? I am looking currently into the folding seats from Germany but still cant justify the cost of bringing them over, or a Rock'n Roll bed like the RIB etc. Most of the once you can get from the UK for affordable price are M1 tested but as usual the European pull testing doesn't mean anything for the US..so looks like back to square one for me:(
Some sort of folding bed. I really like the Amdro boot jump.
Image uploading. Refresh page to view

http://www.amdro.co.uk

·
Registered
196 Posts
junior, I see the bar (leftover from the partition) I have the same I want to remove it to use swivels for the seats, did you think of removal on your bar? I did try, but the bar is holding my seats.
Any Idea?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
junior, I see the bar (leftover from the partition) I have the same I want to remove it to use swivels for the seats, did you think of removal on your bar? I did try, but the bar is holding my seats.
Any Idea?
I’ve looked a few times and it should be possible but the seatbelt anchors to it and it’s in there pretty good. I have been meaning to go to the dealer and look at one without the partition bar to see how and where things go. The parts diagram shows it as a separate part. Maybe the seats need to be disassembled to get the bar out.

How deep did you get?

JR.

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
I’ve looked a few times and it should be possible but the seatbelt anchors to it and it’s in there pretty good. I have been meaning to go to the dealer and look at one without the partition bar to see how and where things go. The parts diagram shows it as a separate part. Maybe the seats need to be disassembled to get the bar out.

How deep did you get?

JR.
I had the same idea Junior, to go to the dealer to see other metrises how their seats are, they told me, they don't have any to look at. I think it would be just a box, Right now I am waiting for the dealership, to let me know, what they are willing to do for me. If nothing I will take probably hacksaw to it and maybe weld some support, I will let everybody here know about my progres, this metris forum just IMHO is worth it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Micro Camper

Insulation, walls, lights, sockets and ceiling complete.

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
Here is my 2016 Metris Cargo, in the process of becoming a poor man's Marco Polo :)

In July 2017, I started with a popup roof done by Colorado Camper. Then, from videos on youtube, my other half drew blueprints for how the furniture and the bed should look. Then, with the furniture unfinished, we went on a xmas trip. Now, is too cold to continue, so I am trying to gather parts to finish what I started. I need hardware for the table, solar backup, Fantastic Fan, swivel seats (that will hopefully clear the bar) and maybe a window or two, like Junior had placed on his Metris.

I will also build a storage box for in between the seats and another box as ottoman for my lady's chamber pot.

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 Cargo converted into a camper van
341 Posts
Insulation, walls, lights, sockets and ceiling complete.

Wow, you're making fast progress and it looks great. You did a really good job dealing with the curved walls. I like your "supervisor" in the first pic. :grin:

Are you going to anything around the window trim? One of my big concerns is condensation from the windows running down behind the walls and causing problems- mold, rust, etc.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wow, you're making fast progress and it looks great. You did a really good job dealing with the curved walls. I like your "supervisor" in the first pic. :grin:

Are you going to anything around the window trim? One of my big concerns is condensation from the windows running down behind the walls and causing problems- mold, rust, etc.
Thanks, She’s a good helper. Wasn’t planning on anything as the intended use will be an overnighter in the high desert of Colorado and the SW. I figured ventilation was more important that sealing. Denim insulation, a good exhaust fan and no vapor barrier. Fingers crossed! BTW, love your build RR!

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
Junior, have you done anything with the partition bar? Are you going to instal seat swivels? Did you instal the extra battery, and lights? Where can I get the side window? Your work is impeccable, the fabric on the walls perfect, can you write where did you get the fabrick? Even the stove placement, perfect job, I have way to go....don't remember, did you pay to have the windows installed?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Wall covering

What material did you use on your walls?
Looks to be some sort of indoor/outdoor carpeting over a plywood panel?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Junior, have you done anything with the partition bar? Are you going to instal seat swivels? Did you instal the extra battery, and lights? Where can I get the side window? Your work is impeccable, the fabric on the walls perfect, can you write where did you get the fabrick? Even the stove placement, perfect job, I have way to go....don't remember, did you pay to have the windows installed?
Partition bar is in. Not sure yet about swivel seats. Extra battery, fan, and (Motion Pro) windows were installed by vanworks in Fort Collins. I wired the lights and outlets from thenfuse box. All fabric and high temp glue was bought at http://autointeriorsupply.com in Denver.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts