Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Got the van in Jan '18 so took off the Hankoooks and thought I'd try the Toyo Celsius all weather tires so I wouldn't have to keep changing. They worked well, and I used them all summer, but the rears were getting thin in the centre so got some X-Ice (on steel rims) in Jan '19 and ran them till April. Put the Celsius back on and they're still good (~28 k miles on them) except the fronts (now) are a bit thin in the centre. Even wear otherwise so I guess the original alignment was good. I carry a couple of big Rubbermaid totes filled with small bags of sand/salt behind the back seat so traction is OK. (I'm trying to use the Toyos up, but will put the X-Ice back on if it looks like serious snow. Mostly bare so far). I'm off camping at a dog show with the trailer this weekend. If traction gets to be a problem, I'll back off equalizer on the hitch to load the back end.

·
Registered
257 Posts
215/65r16 Michelin X-ice on '02 S500 wheels (7.5x16 ET46) using Febi/Bilstein pn: W0133-1909398 lug bolts. Passenger van but the tires are all the same anyway.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm running Continental WinterContact 225/55 R17 101H on a dedicated set of aluminum rims from a MB B-class. We get a good amount of snow & Ice here in Alberta, Canada and so far so great. They are less noisy on the Highway then my summer tires ! I keep a couple sand bags in the trunk to increase traction when the Van is empty (passenger van).

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts