Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have been considering a Metris cargo since they arrived here but have a few concerns. Does anyone know if the front end alignment/tire wear issues have been fixed? I talked with the local dealer and he acknowledged the problem, said some customers have issues and it seems to be related to the loading of the vehicle?
I briefly drove one about a year ago and liked it, I sat in one again yesterday and noticed the odd angle of my foot on the accelerator, I am 6'4" and the legroom is "adequate" at best. I know there are tall owners on the forum so I assume they are comfortable when driving?
Has anyone seen or installed a partition with a door or removable panel that would allow vertical loading of 4'x8' material that when open would fit between the seats? All of the partitions I have seen are fixed panels with perhaps a small pass thru? The partitions all angle back too far for 4'x8' vertical loading?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I can't speak to your other questions, but at 6'4" also, I'm perfectly comfortable driving the van long distances. Plenty of head room and the leg room is sufficient.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I recently had a Cargo with divider for a MB loaner while my Passenger version was getting some service. I'm 6'2" and the Metris has as much or more leg room as our 2006 E-350 we traded for the Metris...a better seating angle for me anyway. The divider that was install would probably allow for at least 1/3rd of the cargo area to be loaded with 4'X8' sheet goods before the "bump" of the divider buggers the rest of the height. In all my snooping, I have not seen any other MB options for the divider. Might be some aftermarket stuff available from across the pond...Google or look on Ebay for "Mercedes Vito" or "Mercedes W447" dividers or up-fitters and you may find something that fits the bill.

I've only had the Metris for a little more than a month...but she's runs smooth and steady as a rock with hands off the wheel. No alignment problems at present...but she's not carry a heavy load either.

The only thing I'd add after driving the Cargo version is the visability from the side to the rear is challenging. Being tall and having the seat back all the way...when I turn my head left or right for a traffic check...I'm looking right at the B-pillar. Same happens with the Passenger van but there are side windows where I can catch a view of anything beside me. The Cargo didn't have the "Blind Spot" package like I have in my Passenger model...and I didn't realize how nice that feature is until driving the windowless Cargo. With no rearward visibility, you really need to have the outside mirrors adjusted right on to know what's going on around you. Would be nice to be able to force the rearview camera on while driving forward. I think if I had a Cargo (without Blind Spot) I'd look into modifying the rearview camera to "force view" or install a 360 degree camera system..at least cameras on the side mirrors that come on with the blinker.

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
....... I think if I had a Cargo (without Blind Spot) I'd look into modifying the rearview camera to "force view" or install a 360 degree camera system..at least cameras on the side mirrors that come on with the blinker.
I was just reading in the manual that turning on the rear view camera while in drive IS an option on the Sprinter. Sure wish our Metris would do that.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Me too. Aftermarket systems that work with the OEM rearview camera are available that allow force viewing and adding additional cameras...they're all in the $300-$500 range (www.midcityengineering.com). 10 minute shot clock starts.......now!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts