Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we've had our metris for about a month. Twice my husband has complained that the car switched to neutral when he was driving and it was very scary. I wasn't there those times so I wasn't sure if he had inadvertantly touched the gear switch. Not sure if it should be so easy to change gears inadvertantly but oh well. It happened to me the other day though and I can't be completely sure I didn't touch it accidentally although I can assure you it was not my intention to switch gears. The other day I was with my husband when he was trying to make a u-turn and it happened again. This time he couldn't get the car out of neutral and we actually had to turn off car to get it into park or another gear.

Is anyone else having this problem? I travel a lot with my kids on highways so it's a little scary if it were to occur during faster traffic.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Are you sure you are not using transmission shift for turn signal? One of my friends did it by accident on his ML.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Are you sure you are not using transmission shift for turn signal? One of my friends did it by accident on his ML.
Or, windshield wipers? My Audi A3 has the wiper lever in basically the same spot, and I've shifted into neutral when I pulled on it intending to operate the wipers

·
Registered
179 Posts
I do the same thing with my wife's Audi SQ5. After I've been driving the Metris for a while, I find myself turning on the Audi wipers when I really wanted to get it into reverse....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts