Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2017 Metris with 70k miles and a sliding door issue. Door would slide shut but not close. Had the panel taken apart and found that when I disconnected the cable from the door module the actuator latch assembly would close it. Took it to the dealer and they said the actuator latch was not working and replaced it. Since they didn’t have a new one in stock, they decided to put in a used one. $290 for the actuator and $319 for the diagnosis. 3 weeks later same issue - took it back to the dealer and he diagnosed it as a faulty motor and door module. Parts cost $900 and $700 and diagnostic another $320. Decided against the repair and our mechanic determined that it was the used door actuator not working. Made a video and took it back to the dealer. Let’s see what they do now. Hopefully it’s the door actuator as everything points in that direction. What was shocking is that they said the motor was burnt and the door module was fried - when it actually wasn’t the case. Used Xentry with a star c4 to determine that was not the case.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the exact issue you had with my 2017 Metris which has only 40K miles, and stealership though they did not break the price down like they did for you, the cost they gave me to repair was $1824. I like you took the panel apart, when I reset the door by removing and replacing fuse 311 (right side sliding door) the door will close and lock normally the first after that it reverted to the initial state where the cable at the bottom front connected to the U-shaped sensor did not retract.
Did you ever get yours fixed and what was resolution.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I wish mine were manual! I have the same problem as described above with my passenger sliding door, but the problem is intermittent. Right now it’s working perfectly. Earlier today it would close but not latch properly. Is there a good way to disconnect the power so it’s simply a manual door?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have had issues where door will not eject and open when pushing dash or pillar buttons. will open and auto slide fine when you use the handles to initiate. Seems I have to lube the latch on the sliders with white lithium grease about every 5k miles and it works again....

Maybe your latch is dry and it's causing failure to engage?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have had issues where door will not eject and open when pushing dash or pillar buttons. will open and auto slide fine when you use the handles to initiate. Seems I have to lube the latch on the sliders with white lithium grease about every 5k miles and it works again....

Maybe your latch is dry and it's causing failure to engage

·
Registered
6 Posts
I got highly annoyed and a local mechanic shop simply disconnected a wire to the motor. A bit of a job to get to the motor, but they managed to disconnect it in such a way that the sensors still work (no annoying dash lights or beeping). I had previously tried the fuse--I would pull the fuse when the door didn't latch properly, slam it shut manually, and all would be well... for a time or two.

Now I have one manual door and one electric, but I really do wish they both had been manual, as some of you have.

As an aside, my understanding is that electric passenger doors are standard on the passenger model. Is that right? What a bummer. At least it's an easy disconnect. I remember the older sliding doors in the 90s (we had an MB 100 and some late-90s Sprinters) that involved a real work-out to close properly. They've become a lot better. It is a very smooth sliding door.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks for this conversation; 2016 with 40k and we're starting to see this issue on the side used most by the children. At first I thought it was the winter floor mats we use getting in the way, but after reading this I'm thinking it's either the motor that we replaced a couple winters ago (I introduced our passenger side slider to a light pole), or some grease is needed. Will update. We had a similar problem on the previous van, and although that was after putting 170k on the Sienna, it was about the same 4 years of the young-uns yanking on the handle.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The problem is showing up again, last night I had to disconnect the automatic lights and then lock the door from the inside after it closed (then reopened a bit). Will clean and grease the track this weekend.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts