Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have only seen three Metris's in Birmingham area. A passenger parked regularly at an office building in Vestavia Hills and Chick Fila in Vestavia and Hoover have cargos.
Ironically I have seen more on TV. I first spotted Metris's (or rather Vito's) in the Tour De France last year when I ordered my Metris. Most on mountain stages, a lot of them camper versions. In another area I saw Vito's in French Police markings.
Today playing recording of Harry & Meghan's wedding I noticed a smart looking black Vito Sport delivering Harry & William and shuttling other military dignitaries &/or security. Then later it was at the rear of the carriage parade.
I saw the previous gen Vito in one of the Jason Bourne movies...
Have you all seen other metris's-Vito's in movies or news stories?
- I am seeing more and more Sprinters. Saw a yellow camper sprinter with racks for four mountain bikes from Tennessee at the Xterra race this morning. Last Fall also at Oak Mountain SP ran into a gentleman at mountain bike race with a Sprinter from Florida. He travels to any races east of the Mississippi in that sprinter. And saw a Mountain Bike shop from Georgia at the park using a dually Sprinter as a portable bike shop.
Funniest sighting? Last week at YMCA in wealthy part of town saw 5'6" preppy looking young mom dropping kiddos off for swimming. There had to be 3 foot from the top of her baseball hat to the ceiling!
So what are your more memorable sightings? still waiting on my metris, hopefully get next month

·
Registered
81 Posts
I've yet to see another Metris in the flesh, but I was at Home Depot the other day getting out of my Metris when someone in a Sprinter pulled in next to me. As he got out he said "Mine's bigger!", laughed, and walked off.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Opening titles sequence of Berlin Station.. over head shot, night, black Vianos in convoy turning right to left through monument/round about

·
Registered
259 Posts
A local food delivery service has about 6 of them that are done up with heaters and coolers in the back. I tend to see car transports full of new ones on a regular basis as well. Have only seen 5 or 6 others in service. My wife tends to get a lot of questions about what it is and it's def the tallest family van in the parking lot at school.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I have seen many in different parts of the country. Here in Greenville SC there is one that actually is inside the BMW plant (from a supplier obviously), one or two more from a local tradesman. And once I saw one passenger van.

I have seen them in: I-65 between Louisville, KY and Indianapolis, IN; Jacksonville, FL; Atlanta, GA; Washington, DC (Passenger by the Capitol); Another V class at the immigration office near Laredo, TX. My wife saw a few in NYC

In London they are quite common as there are one of the few approved taxis. When I was in Greece couple of years ago our shuttle was one of last-gen Vianos (That's when I first saw the new gen live and decided I wanted it). I saw a few in Johannesburg last year.

·
Registered
292 Posts
My Metris is a stray in Anchorage AK. Its at the edge of the known universe for the Metris..... When I registered it with the state in March 2017 they had to create a new vehicle code for it. On the other hand, Sprinters are actually very well represented here in that class of vehicle, both for work and recreation rigs. A local truck/bus dealership carriers the Sprinter and they are trying to get the Metris dealership also.

·
Registered
2018 Metris Passenger
276 Posts
Parked beside another one a dog show a few weeks ago, saw another one last Thursday in Strathroy, and spotted the one at the wedding. I've heard of others in the London area, but not seen any.

Attachments

·
Registered
184 Posts
Greater Allentown Pa, saw a few company vans around, 1 silver cargo that appears privately owned and 1 blue passenger van.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've only spotted a few, intermittently, in my immediate area (the passenger to cargo ratio being about even). A couple weekends ago, I attended a dog event and saw 3 or 4 right off the bat. I was in heaven.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Our local Chick-fil-A has a Cargo and we have only seen a couple Passengers in the year and half we've owned ours, even though we live in the most densely populated county in the state of Florida. We see a cargo or passenger maybe once a month if that. My wife really enjoys the comments and compliments that she rarely got from her owned as new trusty 2004 Astro we still have with 225K+ miles and runs Puuuuurfect!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have only noticed 3 Metris’ so far in the Miami area. I see a lot more Sprinters though. Amazon Prime uses Sprinters for local delivery here and a neighbor owns one. They are too large for my preference. I only found out about the Metris, doing an online search for large mini vans to replace my 2005 Astro. I’m in the process of ordering a Metris. Dealer said May delivery, long wait!

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
I see plenty of them in NYC in use as livery cars. I’ve seen cargos floating around my area (south Jersey), and is see a little of both on the Jersey shore.

I think part of the problem with the passenger version is everyone who goes to look at one expects it to be a Mercedes luxury minivan, and they are disappointed at what it is- a taxicab.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I've only seen one cargo one in the area...but I know that a glass shop up north of here has 5 bright yellow ones I believe.... I have never seen another passenger one, so far I'm the only one.

·
Registered
587 Posts
That's "only" 4 - 5 months. Some in this forum have waited up to a year, and several mention eleven months. Wonder what is the new norm. Hmm, might be a good subject for a poll?
I'm the 11 and 1/2 months guy -- 1/5/18 to 12//18/18. There were three delays. 1. The production date was delayed from a dealer estimated end of April 18 to actual of 6/29/18. From there, 2 months of limbo for tear down and re-packaging for the trip to South Carolina, vehicle arrives Ladson late August, just in time to sit through the hurricane! Code changed for releaseto shippers 11/1, arrives SoCal 12/18/18.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I saw two over the weekend, one plain white and one with signage for an auto-glass repair shop. I know of one other in the area (Sonoma County, CA) that's apparently owned by Superburger (local chain). This area is positively swimming in Sprinters so I suspect I'll be seeing more & more Metris sightings as time rolls by.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I see very few where I live. But, where I live is home to trees and houses that are few and far between and I like it that way.

My van will have to get by visiting brethren at the occasional visit to the dealership down the hill.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I live in West Seattle and I've seen 6 different Metris's that aren't commercial including ours. There are few companies driving them. I'm a old Vanagon owner and was used to the wave but so far have only managed one owner to wave back.
Our Passenger is used for flower deliveries and dog hauling.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts