Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where I can take my Metris for service? Obviously, I can't just take it down to my local Mercedes dealership, but I'm having trouble finding my local Bay Area Sprinter/Metris service location. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Anyone know where I can take my Metris for service? Obviously, I can't just take it down to my local Mercedes dealership, but I'm having trouble finding my local Bay Area Sprinter/Metris service location. Thanks for the help!
I've never gone there for service, but I've bought parts from Mercedes-Benz of San Francisco. They have a dedicated van service facility filled with Sprinters.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I'm not sure how far north in the Bay Area you might be, but I use Von Hausen in Rocklin. Greg is the van service guy for Metris & Sprinters. He knows what he's doing, and he's gone to the mat with corporate on some of the mechanical crap I've had to deal with.

·
Registered
Metris Cargo 135 2020
626 Posts
... Obviously, I can't just take it down to my local Mercedes dealership, ...
Why not? Why would you not be able to take it to your local MB dealership? Just give the local ones a call and ask. :)

They're the best to service MB vehicles and the Metris is only a light commercial vehicle, the size of a passenger van, so they don't have to have the large 6x commercial bays with multiple extra heavy duty lifts, that a full on commercial authorized dealership needs; to receive the biggest commercial Sprinters with a full load of service parts and equipment.

In our rural state, our closest MB dealer is probably one of the smallest ones in the country, and they service Metris & Sprinter, no problem.

Perhaps some dealers in other states can specialize in passenger only, but as the Metris exists in passenger version and is just the size of a big minivan, I really don't see why any MB dealer couldn't service it.

My experience with indy shops has been mixed. The largest most reputable in my rural state area is more expensive than the dealer - perhaps because they specialize on the luxury, super sports and antique side of things on wheels - and they required an extra intake visit, the two times I contacted them about service ...

One tiny 4 person shop has a mechanic who I like, and has worked on our MB off warranty ... one can save because it is not dealership shop rate; but parts are through their vendor only and tend to have a serious markup ... up to double and more ... relative to buying genuine mb parts online from parts warehouses.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Pleasanton and San Francisco MB dealers are the only ones I know in the Bay Area that service the Metris. Perhaps Santa Rosa also, since I know they sell it for GTRV conversions. Griffin Motorwerke (Berkeley) might do it too. I have a Metris campervan and the out of state converter recommended them for work on the campervan.

·
Registered
Blue 2019 Metris
7 Posts
I just had the B Service done on my '19 Passenger van at Marlow Mercedes Werks in Seaside and I'll be back there. I had tried to get a B service quote from every van-servicing MB dealership in the Bay Area (there are like six of them) and could NOT get an email quote from ANY of them. I finally went to one and was quoted "about $900" in person, but having heard that others had found their verbal quotes to be, shall we say, flexible, I wanted one in an email and none of the dealerships would respond. They did want to know when I plan to buy a Metris, however.

Different deal at Marlow: prompt reply with a quote ($631) and that's just what it was when I picked it up. Immaculate, well-run, helpful shop. I'm happy. It's not exactly in the Bay Area, but I'm down there a lot, so it was no problem for me, anyway.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Why not? Why would you not be able to take it to your local MB dealership? Just give the local ones a call and ask. :)

They're the best to service MB vehicles and the Metris is only a light commercial vehicle, the size of a passenger van, so they don't have to have the large 6x commercial bays with multiple extra heavy duty lifts, that a full on commercial authorized dealership needs; to receive the biggest commercial Sprinters with a full load of service parts and equipment.

In our rural state, our closest MB dealer is probably one of the smallest ones in the country, and they service Metris & Sprinter, no problem.

Perhaps some dealers in other states can specialize in passenger only, but as the Metris exists in passenger version and is just the size of a big minivan, I really don't see why any MB dealer couldn't service it.

My experience with indy shops has been mixed. The largest most reputable in my rural state area is more expensive than the dealer - perhaps because they specialize on the luxury, super sports and antique side of things on wheels - and they required an extra intake visit, the two times I contacted them about service ...

One tiny 4 person shop has a mechanic who I like, and has worked on our MB off warranty ... one can save because it is not dealership shop rate; but parts are through their vendor only and tend to have a serious markup ... up to double and more ... relative to buying genuine mb parts online from parts warehouses.

Good luck!
Why not? Cause they refuse to service vans and smart cars.

I was not able to schedule service with the dealer in SF on 8th street.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts