Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone with a Cargo Metris in the Denver/Boulder area interested in my roof rails? I just had a pop-top done by TouRig and the rails had to go. They list at $390. I would sell these for $175. I guess you don't just have to live nearby but they're so long I'm not sure they can be shipped that easily even though they're very light.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are still available. I can look into the Grreyhound shipping if you're interested.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like Greyhound's length limit is 82" and the rails are 10' long. I'm over the limit with UPS as well. I'm sure there must be some way to send them for a reasonable price but I'm not finding it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
UShip wants at least $100 to ship from Boulder to Bend and it looks like it could go as high as $200. I put in a bid of $40 just to see if any carrier was interested. Not too optimistic.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi,
Just saw this. How do the roof rails attach to the van? Are there grooves/gutters? Do third party systems - like Thule - work? Looking for a setup to haul surfboards, kayaks, maybe a travel box.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts/ideas,

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you have a Metris van the holes are already drilled and plugged. They are ready to be installed. You might need to pull down the headliner to access them. Let me know if you want them and are nearby. I'll give you a great deal. I'm sure you could mount third party gadgets from Thule or Yakima no problem.

·
Registered
18 Posts
If you have a Metris van the holes are already drilled and plugged. They are ready to be installed. You might need to pull down the headliner to access them. Let me know if you want them and are nearby. I'll give you a great deal. I'm sure you could mount third party gadgets from Thule or Yakima no problem.
i know this is from a year ago did you ever get these sold

1 - 11 of 11 Posts