Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own 3 Metris vans from new 100k sale. Never will I consider a Mercedes product,,,and I'm a fleet mechanic for my own small business. After suffering repetitive outer tire wear and fighting with Mercedes to no avail, The German yahoos, can't even remedy bad power steering gear pins that can cause loss of steering for a recall.2 months waiting! recall # 19V290 on all 3 vans. My employees aren't safe!
I got the recall letter back in early June..I had to bring vehicle #1 in today for other past recalls and alignment from wearing outer edge tires 3 sets of tires on 40k. then to be told, from June that today 2 MONTHS LATER WE are still waiting for parts? It was pulling teeth to get them to give me a free alignment after buying 3 vans.
REALLY? how long have you German yahoos been making vehicles that you cannot rectify a non corrosive steering gear pin that keeps you from losing your steering IN 9 weeks time ? and why isn't it stainless steel? add this to an $1100 instrument cluster blanking out in middle that I will just go without!
and a recall from loose drive shaft bolts? nice
I thought I made a good decision for these cargo vans for my business, well "simply the best " is simply the worst!
I now hate myself for choosing German engineering. The back brake pads fast and carrying no weight tools only!
I wish I had my old 300,000 mile ford fleet returned..I only use factory Mercedes PARTS, and still the Metris is a disaster,… but know what? I think the dealers try hard and are intimidated by Mercedes engineering themselves and they are more of the disaster with denial of everything wrong!
They seem not to care about the consumer, just how many nail people & Baristas will be employed at their dealerships.
It seems to me that when they see sales drop off, it will sink in after its too late. Consumers want reliability & safety

·
Registered
359 Posts
I've seen this with other brands as well. I put the blame on the suppliers...but it is MY fault for not having more control on them. Allocation is probably the problem on the steering rack...when a plant is at 100% suppling various mfg and JIT the way it is, well it's a problem.

Just be glad you are not southwest airlines and many others with billions of dollars of aircraft sitting in a parking lot since march waiting on a repair.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts