Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having come from the Jeep community, I am wondering where the "Metris Sponsoring" Dealers or parts distributors are, you know the guys(gals) who get group discounts, have dealer sessions, etc... Call me an idealist and maybe too much of a Metris geek, but it would be great to see have that instead of talking to individuals overseas for parts and information for things like mirrors, wheels, tail lights, and what have you.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
The only guy I know of who even vaguely fits that description is SprinterGuy. The Metris is too young a vehicle, and the Sprinter too big and commercial for that kind of following yet. Also, the Mercedes car customizing scene is much different from that of the Jeep scene. Most MB customizers do so to used cars, and are not generally in with the thick of Mercedes enthusiasts... who generally tend to feel that most Mercedes were either designed to perfection by Stuttgart or think that particular vehicle is unworthy of the 3-pointed star.

Which is of course hogwash, but it is what a lot of them think. I certainly thought that about my W124 though... besides the horn.

Those that customize new ones generally do it through companies like Braubus and RENNtech who turn perfectly capable performance cars into insanely capable road rockets that somehow manage to maintain their Mercedes-born integrity in the process... at costs of hundreds of thousands.

·
Registered
184 Posts
They will come, in time. It took almost 5 years for them to appear in the Volvo world when the 3rd gen S80 was introduced in 2007

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
in time? does the world not see how awesome and cool the Metris is?? Suppliers should be lining up for the opportunity to enable our shopping needs.

I get that it takes time and I will just have to wait for my Metris specific stage 3 turbo kit and diamond encrusted console appliques.

·
Registered
160 Posts
in time? does the world not see how awesome and cool the Metris is?? Suppliers should be lining up for the opportunity to enable our shopping needs.

I get that it takes time and I will just have to wait for my Metris specific stage 3 turbo kit and diamond encrusted console appliques.
a lot of people think its cool but what I noticed many prefer to go used, with something like a Savana or Express, since the cost to buy one is really cheap, they're reliable enough and parts are easy enough to find.

can't beat that... vs this 5 figure liability.

·
Registered
939 Posts
I will just have to wait for my Metris specific stage 3 turbo kit and diamond encrusted console appliques.
Turbokits.com is working on a turbo upgrade for the M274. In the meantime the BMS box for the W205 fits.

But what would you want these folks to offer?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
RobbMeex, I was mostly being sarcastic and the need for a stage 3 turbo would not outweigh my needs for a dog and kid hauling domestic lifestyle...although that diamond encrusted dash kit would match my lifestyle, but I digress..... Really what I was looking for was group buying power, etc...

A good example is the Mirror thread and having a vendor who participates, understands the needs, etc... who ends up helping the community, while also making sales is not a bad thing.

·
Registered
295 Posts
It will happen for sure. These type of vans are taking off sales wise. Once volume is there products will appear. I fabricated a no drill removal motorcycle chock and it turned out so well I would produce them if there were more metris out there. I still might, but not sure. I saw 3 sprinters at my motorcycle riding area this weekend. Two years ago there were none. I had lots of people coming over to look my metris....I swear I had more complements on this thing than when I had my 850i BMW.

·
Registered
939 Posts
RobbMeex, I was mostly being sarcastic and the need for a stage 3 turbo would not outweigh my needs for a dog and kid hauling domestic lifestyle..
Oh, I got that. Just throwing out info I've read while researching the m274 because I always need moar powa.

Really what I was looking for was group buying power, etc...
This makes sense.

A good example is the Mirror thread and having a vendor who participates, understands the needs, etc... who ends up helping the community, while also making sales is not a bad thing.
Yes, that is a good idea. Would you want OEM or settle with aftermarket?

This motochock (Use the name :grin:), would it work with a passenger seat rail?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts