Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All...

I've had my Metris for about 5 months. I really like the thing! I got it to haul a ton of video equipment around and it goes about this task superbly. Rarely does it ever appear in anything, but here is a short demo reel of what will be stock footage taken in and around the pretty much abandoned town of Penwell, TX.
It opens with a few shots of the Metris on location and this test version of some footage is only about a minute long.

https://vimeo.com/237971778

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
5 cameras, a bunch of lenses, 7 tripods, monitors, recorders, multiple field computers, audio equipment, 2 cranes and counterweights + stands, several sliders, a remote control tripod head, 24 cases of support stuff, lights, spot lights, a generator, misc. connection stuff, a drone, 2 gimbals, and a few thing I'm forgetting... but really, all the gear adds up to 1875lbs. (I had to calculate it for shipping once to NZ and it had to go on a carnet - a total other PITA) so rounded up figure a ton with full crating for rough transport. Really. Seldom do I hit the road with EVERYTHING. But when I do, yeah, its about a ton. And it takes a trailer to really haul it all if there are passengers (hence the thread I started regarding a trailer tow package). So loaded up to the max, the Metris is at about full gross (passenger van with comfort suspension). A lot less if I take the trailer. BTW, the one feature I love on the Metris is the rear hatch. It provides shade and rain protection and I can shoot under it. For what I do, almost an ideal vehicle. AND I can still pick up clients in a Mercedes!

·
Registered
483 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Demo shot on a Panasonic DVX200 internally recorded 4K and downsampled. Some was also done with it using a Ninja external recorder/monitor. The opening shots of the old building were tests of a Canon C200 while waiting for a train to go by. Stills of the Metris were with a Canon 5D3.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts