Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a 2019 Metris Worker, shelved out & loaded with all my gear total weight is 6400lbs,
It is my understanding max GVW is 6700 ?
The way I have it set up is with a good bit of weight over the rear axle, so rear suspension is compressed & although tires are @ 45psi they look under inflated & heat up after highway driving.
I will shift my load towards the front, which should help but was wondering if I could go to 50psi on the tires & also if there were ways to boost rear suspension?
back in the day I would consider air shocks, does MB have any options or are there any aftermarket solutions ?

thanks in advance for any help

Attachments

·
Registered
305 Posts
The drivers doorjam sticker on my metris lists 50 at higher loads.

No, the van was not designed to carry virtually all of the max load on the rear axle.

Yes, others on here have stiffened the rear suspension.

I'd be concerned about brakes, too.

·
Registered
2018 Metris Passenger
336 Posts
From what I can see, the GVWR is 6724, but the GAWR (front and rear) is 3417, so you can't have much more than half the maximum weight on either the front or rear axle. If you are fully loaded, you should have roughly half the weight on each axle, (i.e. your tires should all look the same if your pressures are the same).

·
Registered
869 Posts
Hello, I have a 2019 Metris Worker, shelved out & loaded with all my gear total weight is 6400lbs,
It is my understanding max GVW is 6700 ?
The way I have it set up is with a good bit of weight over the rear axle, so rear suspension is compressed & although tires are @ 45psi they look under inflated & heat up after highway driving.
I will shift my load towards the front, which should help but was wondering if I could go to 50psi on the tires & also if there were ways to boost rear suspension?
back in the day I would consider air shocks, does MB have any options or are there any aftermarket solutions ?

thanks in advance for any help

I've had my eye on these springs for a while --

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bought the heavy duty springs from eBay about a year and half ago. I spoke with the seller Birchmont Springs on the phone, very knowledgeable. He said they developed the springs for armored vehicles. In the Caribbean they use the Metris platform as an armored bank transport. I currently run 6400-6600 all the time. I experienced sagging and the springs bottoming out on the freeway. The springs fixed all of my issues with no down side. Van sits perfectly level and a great ride.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have those springs as well - I also put SumoSprings inserts in them as well to firm things up. I'm heavy all the and these really brought things back to level.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts