Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I'm looking at a Metris to replace our tried and trued Astro van. I've seen a couple pics floating around with a slightly larger tire which I think was on a 16" wheel. We are trying to gain any additional ground clearance we can. It would be nice if there was a 1-2" lift spring available.
Any input would be much appreciated.

·
Banned
2,743 Posts
I think I would go for a suspension lift over bigger tires. It's a STA rear so lifting pulls the rear wheels forward a bit, but shouldn't cause camber issues. The Metris's ground clearance is not as bad as it looks, because the overhangs are fairly short. I mean it depends on what you are doing with it.

·
Registered
181 Posts
if you're looking for a little more loaded clearance, contact Tony at Birchmount Spring in Canada.
http://www.birchmountspring.ca
or [email protected]
and/or search "Mercedes-benz Metris Rear Heavy Duty Coil Springs" on ebay and you'll find his product.

I was considering his product (and may still do it) but currently have -and am happy with- sumo springs from supersprings.com

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think I would go for a suspension lift over bigger tires. It's a STA rear so lifting pulls the rear wheels forward a bit, but shouldn't cause camber issues. The Metris's ground clearance is not as bad as it looks, because the overhangs are fairly short. I mean it depends on what you are doing with it.
We drive on dirt roads frequently, there was a post of a guy running 255/65/17 BFG AT's on one with only having to slightly trim the small plastic overhang in the front for clearance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.