Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

Metris Horn upgrade question

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  h!gh3nd 
#1 ·
Does anyone on the forum have experience with doing a horn upgrade on their Metris? I saw this post on a Sprinter forum and would like to do it to my 2021 Weekender:
Sprinter Horn Upgrade (Super Bass)– Owl Vans

Owl Vans does not have any experience with this on the Metris. I have a neighbor with a Sprinter so I can remove my grill and his and do a comparison, but before I did any real "work" I thought I would check with the group.

It has been a pretty cold and snowy winter up here in Montana without much chance for camping, but we are about to blast off for Snow Canyon State Park in Utah for some Spring Break fun.

Thanks in advance for any Metris horn mounting bracket or electrical hookup experience you can share.

Discussion starter · #3 ·
The horn on the Metris is highly directional (As on the Sprinter and most other MB products). Before doing this I suggest you stand in front of your van and have a friend give you a toot. I know it sounds wimpy from the drivers seat but I assure you it is not so wimpy to the person getting blasted. That being said if you want good horn performance I suggest the Nathan AirChime K5LA. If that doesn’t get their attention, nothing will.
Thank-you for that commonsense advice. The thought had crossed my mind that a full "Tug boat" type of blast might not be the right thing and that in most cases I use the horn for just a short informational toot. Sticking with what I have might be the best option, but I needed something Metris oriented, that was not too expensive, to think about this morning after my coffee with spring approaching. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.