Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a great deal from Mercedes of Loveland Colorado. Found they were offering a new 2016 sliver Metris passenger van on Cars.com for $10K off the sticker price: $28,995. Had almost everything I was looking for except the backup camera.
I bought it of course. If you are in Colorado you may want to check them out.
Only had it for a few days but loving it so far. Already looking at pop-top options.
Are these not moving as fast as they expected in the USA? Why the deep discounts?

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Its great to see a post like this. It shows what type of pricing is possible. I really enjoy hearing a sales agent tell me how the price I received from another dealership is "impossible".

·
Registered
33 Posts
Awesome. I bought 1800 miles away in NJ because their salesman at their sister store in Westminster tried to tell me Metris were flying off the lot and everyone was paying sticker.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Still looking for a well-optioned cargo van... 10k off sticker would be super nice. :0

·
Registered
9 Posts
My dealers first offer was $5000 off list on a well equipped Metris.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Interesting, the dealer never mentioned a rebate. Thanks for the heads up!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Got a great deal from Mercedes of Loveland Colorado. Found they were offering a new 2016 sliver Metris passenger van on Cars.com for $10K off the sticker price: $28,995. Had almost everything I was looking for except the backup camera.
I bought it of course. If you are in Colorado you may want to check them out.
Only had it for a few days but loving it so far. Already looking at pop-top options.
Are these not moving as fast as they expected in the USA? Why the deep discounts?

Was this a demo van? Was the warranty already put in place?

·
Registered
33 Posts
What dealer in NJ did you use?
Sorry for the delay. Contemporary. They got to the price I wanted, but there was still decent meat on the bone for them. Probably wouldn't buy from them again. Salesman was quite useless with the few questions I did have.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry for the late reply. It was a brand new van and the warranty started the day I bought it. It had been siting on the lot for 6 months and they wanted to get rid of it. The day I showed up they had sales on all their Metris vans. I think they sold 3 or 4 that week. The cargo vans were moving much more quickly and had less discounts. Have had it for 2 months now and really am happy with it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
$10k off a Metris is not possible unless its a DEMO or Ex CVP vehicle. Even then that is 25% off. Those margins do not exist in cars not even close! try 8% on a new van and even then thats pushing it.

$38,995 - MSRP
$36,609 - Invoice
($3000) - Consumer Cash
($1000) - Partner Program *If you qualify
($500) - Retail cash - supposed to be incentive $$ for dealer and perk for salesman
$32,109 - Making zero Profit on sale

Stop haggling the guy that sells you the car down to the last dollar. He has a family to feed off the "commission" based on profit. When you try to nickel and dime down to the last penny, you take away the bike he was planning on getting for his kid, the vacation for his wife who just had his third child, and all the desire/energy to treat you like decent human being. All that makes you is a cheap ass, poser who thinks they can afford a Mercedes or luxury car when really you basically stole it. Go into any other store and walk out with the product and only pay 70% of what the tag says. See what happens.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Its not up the salesperson to finalize the deal. It still needs to approved. If they let it go for next to nothing, their hand is in your other pocket for "hidden" fees and such you aren't aware of.

Its like 0% financing, its a smokescreen.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I think MB was trying to overcome some consumer resistance with their model year end pricing.

The Vito is ubiquitous all over Europe and once the diesel is introduced here, it will drive out the US competition for obvious reasons. But, it has to be in the race to win. My passenger van is generic white and looks like a cargo van and I can't count the number of tradesmen who have asked to check it out. Some even asking "what is that?"

So, this YE pricing may not fit the template.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Salesmen sell cars and they know what they are doing. I don't go in for long negotiation games. It's there job to protect their end. I agree that somebody who spends days wearing a salesman down so that he'll close a deal that makes him little just to get you out of his hair is wrong.

But beyond that is the salesmans perogative. Over the entire ordering anc buying process I took maybe 3 hours of his time, and I got it for public invoice. I assume he made a few hundred bucks or more, which is fair for a few hours of labor.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts