Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all: I am wondering if there are Canadian companies that do conversion of a Metris van. I know there are a few companies that do van conversion, but very few do Metris out there. I would appreciate any information you guys would like to share with me. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
90 Posts
You might try New West in Quebec. I have a friend who highly recommended his New West conversion. Here's someone's You Tube video review (
) at 5:30 in the video, he talks about buying your own vehicle here in the US and delivering it to their factory in Canada. Check the tax situation. I don't know if you have to pay tax on the conversion both there and in the US.

·
Registered
2020 cargo 126wb
270 Posts
T
Travois

Travois.ca has a couple of locations in Canada and specializes in Metris conversions.
I’m going to have Travois in Ontario put in a four-rail European floor, two captains chairs and a window in the right side sliding door on my cargo Metris when I take delivery in a couple months. Already paid my deposit. Can’t wait.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you guys for your kind response to my inquiry. I once contacted New-West in Quebec, but they do not seem to do Metris conversion. I can definitely check that out with them. Travois may be the only place in Canada where such a conversion can be done. I've visited their website and seen quite a few photos of some converted Metris in their workshop. But I would like to know if they can custom make some features int he conversion because I want to have a space for a portable toilet somewhere inside the van and an external shower deice.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Great guys.

·
Registered
2020 cargo 126wb
270 Posts
In my dealings with Travois Ontario I have used email successfully. It may take a few days to get a response but they will respond. Send a follow-up if necessary. I have also talked on the phone several times with both Daniel (Director) and Wojtek. It usually takes some patience and several tries to get past the "we're unavailable at the moment but leave a message" recording, but keep trying. Once you get a live person you will find that they really enjoy what they do and are interested in helping you. I expect to take delivery on a new cargo Metris in a couple months and then drive it up to their shop to leave it with them for around a week, taking a rental car back home for that time. They will be installing a European 4-rail floor, two captain's chairs, and a full window in the RH sliding door.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Travois should be able to easily build in an outside shower and portable toilet. Those are not challenging tasks. I had good luck talking to them.

·
Registered
23 Posts
T

I’m going to have Travois in Ontario put in a four-rail European floor, two captains chairs and a window in the right side sliding door on my cargo Metris when I take delivery in a couple months. Already paid my deposit. Can’t wait.
Just a heads up to plan accordingly - I hired Travois to do my Metris conversion. It took months and months longer than promised.

·
Registered
2020 cargo 126wb
270 Posts
I think the biggest factor these days is COVID-19. It will likely delay parts from all over, and will also certainly delay the manufacture, shipment, and reassembly of the cargo Metris I’ve ordered

1 - 10 of 10 Posts