Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Join us from February 24-28, 2023 at the Big Bend National Park for our second Metris Owners Camping Event. Big Bend National Park is a place that I, and many others, have been looking to visit so let’s do it now. We’ll stay at the Chisos Basin campground, which is centrally located to allow visits to all parts of the Park. The weather in late winter should be great for a visit. The average temperatures at the Chisos Basin campground the last week in February has daytime temperatures in the mid to upper 60s and nighttime temps down to the low 40s. The NPS has started taking reservations for the Chisos Basin campground for this time period, so now is the time to make your reservation. This event has also been posted to the Metris Campers Facebook page. I hope to see you there.
Doug C.
View media item 1599

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Not much available at Chisos as of today -- many sites not yet released for reservations.

·
Registered
2021 Metris Full Camper
49 Posts
Yes, they opened up a number of sites for that weekend in late August but they all were reserved almost immediately. It has gotten to be a popular place to visit.
If it's a popular campground many people are now using "bots" to reserve sites within fractions of a second after they are released. This happens all over and I have experience in three different sites - two in the US and one in BC, Canada where I was on the reservation site at the exact time the sites were released and put in my reservation request within one second and they were all gone. You might want to look into this issue as it can derail events in popular locations where those who want to attend cannot get a campsite when competing with "bots". The NFS/NPS are trying to deal with the situation but I don't think that they have come up with a solution yet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts