Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!
My partner and I finished our van build! Just thought I’d share the completed project.
Also, when we were building our van, we found fairly limited resources for gaining ideas for smaller builds like the Metris. So we created a website to help out others looking to do the same. Check it out! Hope it is helpful. You'll also find more photos there :)
www.prettypimpin.com
On there we also break down the electrical work into basic knowledge, so that those of you with no/limited electrical experience can hopefully feel a bit more confident. We even created a few diagrams! :D If you want to see more photos of our van, or our van adventures, feel free to follow us @prettypimpinvan. Best of luck to those mid-conversion. You got this!
1B96E1E0-21A4-428E-B220-5EE21C64A778.jpg

·
Registered
48 Posts
I love the end result and ambiance in the pictures.
Also a big thanks for sharing more of the build details via the separate website.

I am surprised that the sound isolation/insulation did not seem to yield noticeable results.

Also, is the cedar planking the veneer kind used to line already built closets? Maybe 1/4 inch rather than 1/8?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks so much for the positive feedback, and happy to share the details! :D
To clarify, we did not seem to notice a big difference in sound levels after installing the sound deadening material; however, the wool insulation definitely made a big difference!

Also, we used 1/8 in'' tongue and groove cedar panels. They did not have any sort of sealant or protective coat on them, but once we installed them in our van we did apply a layer of mineral oil. Not too familiar with the 1/4" vaneer planks that you refer to.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Was the 1/8" through a specific store or local lumber yard?
The smallest I seemed to find online was 1/4" tongue and groove planks, in various heights, to do like cedar closets or accent walls.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was quite confident that it was 1/8", but after doing some investigating I realized that it was indeed 1/4"! I apologize for the misinformation. We found ours at Lowes. They were about $20 for a pack of 6.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts