Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious if anyone knows if Mercedes may offer the Metris as a 4x4 eventually. I know they sell the sprinter in AWD form to great success, and I know the Vito/V-class has AWD options in Europe...

·
Registered
160 Posts
Owners in northern parts of the U.S. and Canadians will surely sign up for a 4x4 model.

Plus if the sprinter 4x4 can do well, why not the Metris 4x4.

·
Registered
94 Posts
It took MB USA many cautious years of Sprinter sales before authorizing a 4x4 model.

I think it's likely MB will wait and see how the market responds to Metris before moving forward with a Metris 4x4.

I have not followed Sprinter 4x4 demand -- anyone know how they're selling? Is it shaping up to be a success or a flop for MB?

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
I know that I was told by a salesman that I'd have a really hard time getting one. Not in the sense of price negotitions, just that if I wanted a truck by the end of the year, I should forget the 4X4. I'd assume that means they are selling out.

·
Registered
160 Posts
It took MB USA many cautious years of Sprinter sales before authorizing a 4x4 model.

I think it's likely MB will wait and see how the market responds to Metris before moving forward with a Metris 4x4.

I have not followed Sprinter 4x4 demand -- anyone know how they're selling? Is it shaping up to be a success or a flop for MB?
That is the ideal way to go about it, if it's not selling well, might not be worth throwing in a 4x4 model. But there seems to be potential for it to take off enough to justify 4x4, just not sure how soon.

·
Registered
2 Posts
4x4 Ground Clearance for Camper

I'm looking at the Metris for a camper build. Unfortunately, the paltry ground clearance of 4.3" disqualifies an otherwise excellent vehicle, in my opinion.
I'm hoping there is a suspension mod or option to increase this to at least 6 inches. Otherwise I'll be waiting to see the 4x4, hoping it's significantly better.

Larry B.
Portland, OR

·
Registered
1 Posts
It took years before MB finally brought the AWD Sprinter to the US and demand is so high that they sold out before the first one arrived. I guess we'll have to wait a decade before the idiots that run MB USA figure it out.

I'm also looking for an AWD Metris for a camper/toy-hauler. Meanwhile, Honda just leaked that their Odyssey is finally arriving in the US in 2016 - so I may go with that instead - all I have to do is unclip the 2nd row seats and fold down the rear seats and I'll have 88% of the Metris' interior volume.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts