Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So i am hunting a sliding door RH (passenger) side.
anyone know where I could get one. My metris was wrecked by some **** fool.
my van has been at the shop since 10/1/2019. Today the shop changed the ETA from 11/22 to 1/20/2020.

It's a passenger van and we use is as our family car. Insurance allowance on a rental is dried up and now we just need a door to get this baby running again. I can't drive it since the shop has disassembled the van.

Any junk yards or anyone here with a wrecked van that has parts for sale?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just have to scour Google and call major wrecking yards. I'm sure they are out there. Not sure if they'd be selling the whole vehicle or parting out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just an update, still no door from Mercedes, apparently it is made to order and shipping from Europe.
no luck with junk yards either. It sucks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
5 months in the shop? That's ridiculous.MB should be ashamed.
Funny part is the door never came from MB, the shop got one from a wrecked van a few states away. I don't understand why we couldn't get one from MB. On a positive note we didn't add any mileage during those 5 months, lol.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Your dealer is lying. USPS MIGHT have ordered some Freightliner Sprinters, although I doubt it- I would tend to guess that the purchase of that class of van would be a fully American Ford Transit or Ram ProMaster- but I was surprised they bought the basically modified Franco-Italian ProMaster to begin with so maybe.

But they would NOT buy a Mercedes-branded van because the political fall out among the ill-informed masses would be epic. Remember the jokes about proof of how overpriced FedEx is, that they delivered packages in a Mercedes?

The Metris is a Mercedes only. USPS would not buy a Mercedes- so whatever order Daimler might possibly be processing for USPS using the German Dusseldorf, Mannheim, or possibly American Ladson plants, or a combination thereof, would have no impact on the Vittoria Spain assembled, Sindelfingen PKD’d and separate part of Ladson reassembled Metris.

A more likely reason for Metris supply chain problems is that Vittoria is one of the worse hit areas in Spain, which is, I believe, the third-most impacted country where it comes to Coronavirus. That would certainly cause delays on everything.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Are these still being built and separated in Spain??? I thought that once the plant was up and running in NC the Metris would be built over here. That’s too bad.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
The line is set up for manufacturing Sprinters, which are a massively different product from the Metris. I am fairly certain that aside from the transmission and a de-tuned M274 found in the gas-engined model the occasional fool orders, they share almost no parts.

MB sells about 30k Sprinters a year verses 7k Metris vans (although last year had an insane increase in sales to 11k). I would guess that putting in a second full assembly line in SC wouldn’t be worth it at that volume and substantially lower transaction price.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts