Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

Mercedes Official Electrical Connections (Option EK1)

10K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  aebad 
#1 ·
Attached is the "Metris - Terminal Strip for Electrical Connections (Option: EK1)" bulletin from the https://www.upfitterportal.com

This bulletin describes the recommended method for connecting to the Metris body builder connector.

Also its a common misconception that if you have the auxiliary battery package and the body builder connector that the
body builder connector is powered by auxiliary battery. This is not the case, the body builder connector is connected to the fuse and relay terminal under the passenger seat which is fed by the starter battery.

Attachments

#4 ·
Auxiliary battery and the body builder connector

Thanks, Braddo. Alas, I just read your comment that "Also its a common misconception that if you have the auxiliary battery package and the body builder connector that the body builder connector is powered by auxiliary battery. This is not the case, the body builder connector is connected to the fuse and relay terminal under the passenger seat which is fed by the starter battery" today, after I tested my camper electrical to make sure it didn't drain the starter battery. Unfortunately, since we hooked it up to the body builder package as recommended by our dealer it does drain the starter battery.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to wire camper electrical to use the auxiliary battery only? Are the batteries connected such that they both go down no matter what is used? Do I have an auxillary battery not being used at all? Any insights would be appreciated.

#5 ·
Anything connected to the auxiliary battery does not drain the starting battery. A typical way of connecting would be auxiliary battery to a custom fuse box (that could be on the side of he drivers seat or behind it) and from there to whereever you want power. Both batteries are charged when the engine is running. The charging vo ltage seems to be about 14.8 volts when idling.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.