Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm thinking about the Mercedes Metris van as a camper conversion. Not much information available on who's doing the conversion and if anyone is manufacturing camper parts for the metris (eg bed, roof racks, cabinets, etc). Any help or pointers to places where folks are talking about this is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I used Santa Rosa Mercedes to purchase the vehicle and nearby GTRV (gtrv.com) for the conversion. Very happy with both businesses

·
Registered
46 Posts
I also used mb of santa rosa and gtrv. There is a metris group on fb and also a metris camper group with diy and van upfitter examples.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I used Keystone out of Eugene, Oregon. A little bit more expensive but they use SCA pop tops, Reimo bench system, and corian (never warp or get water damage) for cabinetry. Couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I'm thinking about the Mercedes Metris van as a camper conversion. Not much information available on who's doing the conversion and if anyone is manufacturing camper parts for the metris (eg bed, roof racks, cabinets, etc). Any help or pointers to places where folks are talking about this is greatly appreciated.
I'm using Peace Vans Modern, Seattle. My Metris is in their shop right now, getting their Weekender conversion. So far, I've been very pleased and I'm not anticipating anything other than happy days ahead.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Isn't Peace vans doing the factory conversions too?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Isn't Peace vans doing the factory conversions too?
They were selected to do the factory conversion - they are the official partner. I've met with them a few times and when I am ready they will be the ones I use. Super nice team, very professional and as they explained it, they have had to retest and redo a lot of stuff to meet the Mercedes quality and sfety standards...things they were told were fine for the US market ended up having to be tweaked. I heard they just finished their 100th metris conversion.

You can rent from them too. Very cool.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Picked up a Peace Vans Modern 2020 full camper conversion in January. Great people to work with, very happy with both van and conversion. Only complaint is that the pandemic has limited my camping opportunities.

Jim

·
Registered
448 Posts
Easy GML, can't even park most places on the left coast.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts