Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
I just see on Mercedes site it is, in fact, a 3rd party conversion offered via Mercedes , A MasterSolutions™ Upfit by Driverge. which can result in higher cost. If it would be true Mercedes factory-build like in Germany, the trim of pop up is the same as the interior trim and I would assume price would be better as it comes from Factory when building these van. This is just a 3rd party conversion offered by Mercedes. The interesting part would be how the warranty and service work. If Mercedes will be able to service all the conversion components as well? https://www.mbvans.com/sprinter/weekender

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'd like to put just the 1.5-inch suspension lift in my 2016 GTRV camper conversion if it becomes available through my Mercedes dealer or at the Diverge facility. If the cost is not prohibitive, of course. Anybody know what a lift might cost to have done?

·
Registered
2019 Passenger
1,333 Posts
Has anyone explored actual pricing yet?

I was excited to see the news, but maybe less excited to see this is an upfit. At the same time I see the advantage for both MB and Peace Vans to sell vans in this way.

I think the wrap for the top color is smart. I think I've even mentioned it in past years. Saves time, mess and gives custom options. 3M may even have vinyl close to factory colors.

I see on PV's site that their weekender is about 25k. That's a top, floor conversion, bench seat and swivels. So if we think 11k for the top, a few hundred for the swivels that puts the floor and bench in at a pretty steep price. That said, I like their bench because it has isofix and 3 belts. Curious if this is an import or not.

I hope that the pricing from MB is less based on volume.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'd like to put just the 1.5-inch suspension lift in my 2016 GTRV camper conversion if it becomes available through my Mercedes dealer or at the Diverge facility. If the cost is not prohibitive, of course. Anybody know what a lift might cost to have done?
Spaccer liftkit for 1.42 in is about $900. Should take any suspension shop an hour or two to install.

·
Registered
2019 Passenger
1,333 Posts
The option is 2400 plus alignment from Peace Vans. At the moment they don't offer the kit, but you can have it installed in Seattle.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi Pounce, I spoke out of term, I just did the recent 13. Upgrade on my iPhone and have not tried to connect to my Metris yet. I didn’t look close at what number of 13 version I had. My phone was new so I thought it was up to date. Again, I will ask a techy from work to help if needed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
This is exciting. I have been following the market for a while and wanting to pull the trigger. The peace vans team are super responsive and have a great reputation - it's not a surprise MBZ chose them. I have been waiting to pull the trigger and will soon. When I last spoke to them they led me to believe June as doable but, yea, maybe this news changes that - it sounds like the MBZ backign will help? I've heard there's delays with Metris vans independent of upfitters - anyone know about that?

it's exciting for Metris people!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts